AVB, Edibles and Dosing

Hashslag

My sister in law messaged me recently regarding my brother, who it seems is being pretty unbearable and is finding it very difficult to relax. He suffers from colitis pretty seriously, which I think has a lot to do with this but she said he's starting to drink too much to try to chill. I knew where this was going so I've offered to give her some of my AVB, so she can make some edibles for him to try instead.

I'm always building up the AVB pot, but Ive never actually used it yet. Is there any particular dosage/amount/golden ratio with it? My understanding is that it can still be fairly potent and shouldn't be underestimated... just hoping some of you wise folk may have some experience with it, that I can pass on for when she makes her edibles. I think she'll likely make cookies if that makes any difference.

Easiest way to prepare it would be sticking it into capsules. I'd say use smaller ones if you're worried about strength then you can just take more once you know what your dosage is like. It should calm his drinking down easy enough, I know it does with me.

• Like 5

AVB truly is a gift. 

All mine tends to end up in 00 caps, I find them the perfect way to dose, no mess, no fuss. I put the AVB through a coffee grinder and the resulting powder gives 0.4g/cap.

2 for a great night's sleep, 4 for a very pleasant half a day and six sit me on my arse. 

The kit needed to efficiently make the caps is cheap and works well. As it's fat soluble apparently I make sure I eat some fat when taking. 

If this all sounds too much of a ballache (it isn't, it's piss easy & convenient), then just weigh out the dosage (start low, this stuff can make one's legs fall off), and mix into peanut butter & eat off crackers or whatever. 

Vaping suits me, I like everything about it as a method of consuming, the resulting 'waste' is a fantastically versatile product and well worth the time to ensure full use of it is made. 

Good luck with your situation, be wary of the dosage on 1st use, everyone is different, start low & find his sweet spot. 

• Like 10

Cheers dudes, appreciate your input. I'll relay some of this info to her - I personally think the caps sound a great idea, but I'll see what she says.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Goodbloke said:

The kit needed to efficiently make the caps is cheap and works well.

Sorry to pester mate, but what kit is required? Is it like a filling machine or something?

• Like 2

Just search for capping machine, I think the biggest are 000 and the smallest is 0.

I think mine was 20 quid. Takes a lot of hassle out rather than doing it by hand. 

• Like 6

I prefer a tincture

QWISO extraction of AVB.

Evaporate solvent to yield cannabis oil

Dilute 3g of oil with 7 ml hempseed oil

Put in 10 ml dropper bottle

Take 6 - 12 drops depending on desired effect

• Like 1

another here who will recommend the cap's, i have been making chocolates for quite a few years, pretty easy to do but will take a little time and you will have to do the dish's afterwards, after reading arbre medical fella's thread on the caps, i followed that and never looked back, so simple and quick, and easy to find and regulate your dosage.

would deffo recommend you/she try it, gadget and caps are cheap.

i

• Like 4

take a step back from edibles. what are you trying to achieve?

Presumably the problem is colitis. I have ulcerative colitis. yes, it can make you and your friends live's a nightmare. Is it being treated at all?

So my UC is treated with mesalazine, which keeps away the worst and attains remission. But quality of life, and likelihood to be  pain to others and inability to relax remains, along with bowel problems and abdmoinal pain.

These last, are for me, what cannabis treats, and i am prescribed it.

I need tiny amounts. I take 0.3 to 0.5ml of 2% oil and about a dynapvap each day = it works wonders. Cannabis will obv make oyu relax etc directly, but for me, the small background smoothes my digestion and thus everything else works.

goodluck.

• Like 4

@Newcouch

Thanks a lot for that info - I've passed it on.

He suffers with colitis pretty badly, I don't know what he's been taking but I know he's recently been approved for some drug that costs thousands, whatever that may be. According to my sister in law, he's just completely unable to relax, he's super irritable, everyone is walking on eggshells around him as well, he doesn't sleep properly (I'm sure all this is familiar to you). She is also worried that he's drinking too much to try to get through the day, if you like. To take the edges off. He said something to her about 'starting his CBD gummies' again, I didn't know anything about that but I suggested that he might benefit from some actual THC as well. And that's where we are now. He doesn't smoke, and he also gave up vaping (nicotine vaping that is) so I don't think he'd be interested in vaping again - which is where edibles came into the picture.

• Like 1

the thing with edibles is the delay and unpredictability. if you are just doing it recreationally, then thats ok - its just a laugh. But, if you are doing it medically, you need to have reliable results and, you know, it would be kinda nice to be able to function.

so actually, medically, a lot of us are trying to get enoug 'medicine' in our system so that it works, without actually getting high. having to wait 90 minutes or two or three hours to find out ow much you have taken and how you are going to be affected is simply crazy. so i will take a background 0.3ml of oil in the early evening and wait till i am comfortable with results. sometimes even that small amount can hit quite hard and can be difficult. normally its easily manageable and so later i will vape some or maybe take some more oil before bed.

This appears to tide me over for 24hrs. i sleep well, wake up relaxed, no pain and almost normal toilet stuff.

Importantly, for me and your friend, the above substitutes for alcohol. i was the same. by late afternoon the day, the pain, the toilet, the discomfort, irritation had just become too much and i needed a drink to take the edge off things. that has now gone. i am drinking less than half i was before. plus alcohol only takes an edge off; it doesnt sort the pain, discomfort, sleep or toilet. cannabis does.

Cost of drugs - are they not free on nhs? standard uc remission drugs are hugely overpriced by the us. the drug i am on is over 1000 a month in the us, but free here. it is ridiculous. cost of drugs bares no relation to reality. One of the simple cannabis medicines costs £26k a year on private prescription, but anyone on this site could grow and prepare it for a few hundred.

• Like 4

@Newcouch Hey man. Yeah he isn't paying for the drug - but it costs the NHS a bundle which is why it had to go through some sort of approval process I guess. I think this is basically his last ditch attempt at managing his condition before he just says 'fuck it', and ends up with a bag for the rest of his days. I hate to see him in pain and discomfort all the time, but I guess he'll do whatever before he approves surgery.

I saw him over the weekend anyway and gave him all my AVB, he's ordered the cap filler equipment and he took his first one yesterday morning. My SIL sent me a photo of him fast asleep not too long after, and sleep deprivation is one of the biggest problems for them as a family I think. So here's hoping he gets something positive out of this. Obviously, my supply of AVB isn't very quick to build up as I'm not an 'all day' vaper - just one chamber per evening usually so he's said that he may end up getting a decent vape, buying weed as you normally would and get the benefits of the green and the AVB as well.

I really hope his alcohol consumption dips tbh - he's always been a reasonably big drinker but I don't think it does any good (especially in quantity) and I wonder if it exacerbates the condition too? Not sure. But if he can substitute booze for bud, I'd like to think it would have a positive impact.

• Like 3