The Age of Hash

Hashslag

I've swapped over from Hindu Kush auto to have a blast on the hash I made back in the summer. I made 3 lots, the roughest one has now all gone (did the job most definitely, but not the tastiest thing in the world), the best one is still wrapped up ageing, but I'm using the middle one. It tastes and smells really nice, quite spicy and earthy. Over the course of the months since it was made, it has definitely improved. I've just vaped some in my desktop, and I'm absolutely wrecked. I can't wait til xmas when I crack open the best one. It would've aged for 5-6 months by then. It already smells incredible. 

• Like 7

How did you make it? I assume it's not bubblehash as that loses a good bit of terpenes in the water. I love bubble but it's not the most charismatic of hashes. I'm just vaping some Kaboom finger hash in my desktop vape, sitting on the weed it's come off. 

It's an hard life! :king:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, KC said:

I assume it's not bubblehash as that loses a good bit of terpenes in the water.

I'd love to know what my bubble would taste like if it didn't lose terpenes as you say. My mates love my hash and say it reminds them of the proper old school hash of the 80s when we were young. It has definitely improved since I started hot bottle pressing a la Frenchie.

• Like 2

I did dry sift, using just one basic screen (not sure, but I reckon about 150u) then used the Frenchy hot bottle tech. I'd love to have the setup to do proper bubble, with the mini washing machine and the varying bags etc. People seem to be making amazing full melt when they do it correctly. I've not seen anywhere about there being an issue with terp loss though, but all I can say is the dry sift hash I made (and it was the first and only time I've done so, and it could be better) has wonderful aroma and taste. Some of the nicest hash I've had, tbh.

Absolutely baked my noggin last night, slept like a log too :)

Edited by Hashslag
  • Like 6

What I was getting at with this post was that there really is something to ageing hash for best results. Everything about it has improved, even over a relatively short amount of time (3/4 months) - taste, smell and the stone has really strengthened up and mellowed. I wasn't sure what the difference would be really, but it absolutely does make a huge difference to the product. I really need some more trim to make some more hash!

• Like 2

Curing hash for a few months definitely  makes a huge difference to everything about it.

Hmmm... cured hashish for xmas, can't  beat it  :eat:

Edited by HazyDaze
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, HazyDaze said:

Hmmm... cured hashish for xmas, can't  beat it  :eat:

I am itching to cut this little nugget open but I will leave it until xmas, then provide a stone report :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hashslag said:

What I was getting at with this post was that there really is something to ageing hash for best results. Everything about it has improved, even over a relatively short amount of time (3/4 months) - taste, smell and the stone has really strengthened up and mellowed. I wasn't sure what the difference would be really, but it absolutely does make a huge difference to the product. I really need some more trim to make some more hash!

Sounds like it should be a cracker for Xmas :)

Would be nice to know exactly what's going on when you age it 

Or if there is some other way to speed up the hashinene conversion