A California cannabis company is being sued by two local consumers for allegedly lying about the potency of its products. 

Simple Jack

A California cannabis company is being sued by two local consumers for allegedly lying about the potency of its products. 

Jasper Centeno of Long Beach and Blake Wilson of Fresno filed a lawsuit in state court last week accusing DreamFields Brands of false advertising, intentional misrepresentation and unjust enrichment, among other charges. 

At issue in the case is how much Tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, is contained in DreamFields' Jeeter pre-roll products. THC is the chemical found in cannabis that gives users a high. 

DreamFields markets its products as having higher than average levels of THC, but an independent laboratory test found the pre-rolls do not have a higher concentration of the chemical, lawyers for Centeno and Wilson alleged. In one instance, a Jeeter product labeled as having a THC content of 46% was found to contain between 23% and 27%, the lawsuit states. 

"Consumers are willing to pay more for cannabis products with higher THC content, and expect to pay less for cannabis products with lower THC content," attorney Christin Cho, who is representing the plaintiffs, said in a statement.

DreamFields did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cannabis-marijuana-dreamfields-jeeter-lawsuit-california-thc-high/

• Like 1

Some misinformed consumers. I don't look at thc numbers anymore. As an example Malawi is tested to 14-24% and Durban to around 10-12% and there are phenos that can overwhelm you.

Edited by catweazle1
  • Like 2

Agreed, you're chasing a mirage with high THC. I'd say if they market pre rolls with 46%, they're obviously adding a sausage of shatter or something? I haven't heard of any strains at 46. 

It highlights what I think is a major problem with weed nowadays, that people seem to think THC is the be-all and end-all of good weed. It isn't :nea: Weed has so many interesting chemical compounds in it, and in my (admittedly much less than expert) opinion it's the other ones, the ones people don't talk about, don't even know about that are the difference between shit weed and good weed (and it's those myriad other ones that determine whether or not it's a happy smoke, or a mellow smoke, or a uppy smoke, or a trippy smoke, or a smoke that just gives you a whitey etc). It's about much, much more than THC (and CBD). It's not booze, it's not all just about the ethanol content, but the 'industry' seems to be trying to make it like that, THC percentages like alcohol percentages, when it's just not the same thing at all.

• Like 5

This has been a JOKE from day one...

where did that bud come from?

The floor lol

The bottom:fart:

or

the top ffs lol:skin_up:

Seeds were a joke as well  :)  no so much anymore I guess....just to many... lol like strains..bastardized they be!!

They sell it here....and ya Can't see it, cant smell it, and ya cant try it lol Take yer chances on POISON SHWAGS grown for profit not medicinal and well..

it's PURE 100% GARBAGE anyway compared to what ANY average grower with ZERO experience can grow at home  :)

Cannabis companies here legally are FUCKED :) and making ZERO PROFFIT  :)  They NEVER will

Craft will destroy them and the Black market never went away :) never will.

This is OUR deal..The Peoples Plant.

Has always been about taste and buzz...we never knew THC counts ;)

Edited by gb1
  • Like 1