Cleveland Police officer sacked for misconduct after cannabis find

Simple Jack

Cleveland Police officer sacked for misconduct after cannabis find

A Cleveland Police officer who was found with cannabis at his home has been found guilty of gross misconduct.

A hearing was told two hand-rolled cigarettes containing the drug - one of which had been partially smoked and had his DNA on it - were discovered in a search of his home in March.

Anthony Simpson admitted possession and was given a £90 penalty notice.

The sergeant, who had worked for the force for 15 years, was found guilty of misconduct and has now been sacked.

'Not plausible'

In a statement to the hearing at Scotswood House in Thornaby, he said he had never smoked cannabis in his life and had never failed a drugs test.

It was also told that he had struggled with anxiety and mental heath and had considered smoking the cigarettes when he was at his lowest point, but never did.

But Cleveland Police's Chief Constable Mark Webster said "he didn't believe it was plausible that the officer forgot he was in possession of the cannabis and at no stage had he identified where the drug had come from".

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-tees-63389880

Bit different from how the ('resting' on full pay last I heard/read) Met Police Chief has been treated for refusing a drugs test.

I wonder if there are any officers of the law on the 2021 programme and using cannabis legally.

On 27/10/2022 at 8:38 AM, Crow River said:

Sacked for two spliffs. Sheesh!

He is the same guy who would have kicked your door in with his colleagues at 6AM for two plants, no pity, fuck him. 

• Like 20

This is life for the rest of us, shit happens lol

..thing is though here in Stockton (Teeside/Cleveland) we have a cannabis club that has police and council authorisation! lol

For those interested it's called Club Exhale AKA Teeside Cannabis Club.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, -=DrGreenThumb=- said:

This is life for the rest of us, shit happens lol

..thing is though here in Stockton (Teeside/Cleveland) we have a cannabis club that has police and council authorisation! lol

For those interested it's called Club Exhale AKA Teeside Cannabis Club.

I was literally looking at that place before logging on here lol looks like a good place.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coony said:

I was literally looking at that place before logging on here lol looks like a good place.

Yeah they have some decent weed mate, not as good as what I'm growing at home but a nice selection of strains. Bit expensive too in ways but it's nice for people to have the options.

• Like 1