Attending an event with prescribed medication? You need this guide

soto

Following awful examples of discrimination against legal medicinal cannabis users, the organisation Seed Our Future has created a useful leaflet to help educate businesses on their legal responsibilities. 

A very useful way to raise awareness of medicinal cannabis in the UK,

You can download the guide on the following link:

https://cannabishealth.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/Medical-Cannabis-and-Discrimination-What-you-need-to-know-1.pdf

I think the best approach generally is to just agree to be discreet even if it's not required by law, unless that's very difficult, say if you have restricted mobility. I just think medicinal cannabis is such a new concept to businesses in the UK, it's best to break them in gently to give them a bit of time to get used to it. Changing attitudes is really important, the more people that use that guide, the less discrimination there will be so please don't be afraid to use it. 

Personally I'm off on a caravan holiday in a few weeks which will give me the opportunity to test it out. :) It may even help spur on organisations to develop their own guidance on medicinal cannabis. Obviously one industry in particular where this is needed is the security industry. In fact I do wonder if anyone has contacted the Security Licencing Authority or the related organisation Maybo. That said I'm not sure how much use that would be given the training security guards receive (which is reasonably extensive) seems to go in one ear and out the other. 

Edited by soto