Decarbing RSO paste.

CDF20

Hi Guys.

Cooked RSO oil wrong way - didn't decarb dry buds. Paste in syringe already and I am looking for the best way(-s) to decarb it. 

Any ideas?

If it was me,

i'd probably stick the syringes in a pot of hot water on a stove top.

One hour should do the job.

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 1

I’d be careful heating syringes up in water as they seals can expand leak etc , be better to warm them slightly tepid and empty the oil then decarb low n slow 

Edit to add when you say paste is plant matter still present? Or do you mean more viscous bit like marmite 

Edited by Arthur Mix
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, Arthur Mix said:

Or do you mean more viscous bit like marmite 

It is a viscous, mate! Will do your way just need to find my IR thermometer as I need to keep temps between 110C-120C if i am correct 
How long should I decrab ? Strain is Critical Kush (Barney`s Farm) if it`s matter

Thanks

Edited by CDF20

Hi CDF20, I have been making RSO with every grow for a few years now.  I never decarb the bud first,  the decarb process is the final step once all the alcohol has evaporated. I keep the oil at between 100 and 110 degrees for around an hour. I always end up with very potent oil. 

Hope you get sorted, atb :smokin:

• Like 4

Just now, shire said:

I keep the oil at between 100 and 110 degrees for around an hour. I always end up with very potent oil. 

This is what I forgot to do . Should let it cook for an hour and check temps BUT instead I just filled the syringes with oil straight after alcohol evaporated. I cooked with glass bowl inside the cooking pot so I bet temps were not higher than 70C in bowl . 

Good Video from Jeff Ditchfield (RIP) .  I did invest in a magnetic stirring hotplate which makes things much easier at the end bit which is the most important bit in the decarb process.