Still green after decarb?

missred

Hi All, just bought Por by Noids and after decarb the herb is still very green. The makers say this is correct because of the low temperature used in the machine. Are they right, because in their own videos, the decarbed herb is brownish. Any advice appreciated! Please don't say oven because mine isn't reliable. I also tried the Herboven for decarbing and infusing but it doesn't seem to work well. 

• Like 2

I've never used a noids pot so can't comment on it but I just did a decarb run for my magic butter machine and after following the decarb instructions my end product was a lot greener than it usually is (granted I used my oven...110°c for 40 minutes in a roasting bag) I too was a little suspicious of the colour but I can confirm it works a treat :D

I'm sure an actual noids owner will be along at some point with actual advice :yep::skin_up:

:yinyang:

• Like 1

Was the lid down enough when you did the decarb? I usually put something small and heavy on the top or I find the lid lifts a bit. You definitely had the right setting right? I can't recall which pic it is but I have to check the manual everytime.

I can't recall what colour my last lot was when I decarbed in it tbh 

It probably depends on if any moisture is captured in the decarbing container; the dryer the air, the browner your weed will go.

• Like 1

Heat is only needed if weed is smokable or wet.

If he herb  is kept or left  out of the bag long enough and allowed to dry out until bone dry.(good during winter months of course)

It is then said to be decarded.

Heat only speeds up the deal.

You can decarb with a freeze dryer to say the same. Would definitely keep any terps instead of burning them off in an oven.

Nothing wrong with green pot..even fresh frozen can be decarbed when concentrating it  at 170 to 200 degrees,.

usually done by the time the oil hits that temp.  Usually about an hour if brought down enough for an oil bath at the end

Hope that helps.

making meds is the best deal there be :)

Edited by gb1

Thanks everyone for taking the time and trouble to answer, you've helped waylay my fears a lot! It's mega important that I get it right as I'm making FECO for health issues, and only have limited supplies.

• Like 1