Seeds storage?

Nick Berry

If you don't keep them in a fridge in 12 months the germination rate goes from 80/90% to less than 20 %

But how come jamaican yard weed seeds would have a good germination rate after 5+ years that had passed difficult to complete outdoors in the uk due to the light cycle.

Thai seeds over ten years old under the carpet storage when you feared being in possession and a visit from the notorious drug squad, who who were dodgy coppers r us grew well in a greenhouse bit popcorn style buds but they still grew

Edited by Nick Berry

I think much depends on whether they've been prepared properly for storing, or whether they've just been harvested and bagged with too high moisture content and then stored in inappropriate conditions. Drying them properly then fridging them should last years and freezing them should last decades, if not centuries.

Edited by catweazle1

18 hours ago, catweazle1 said:

I think much depends on whether they've been prepared properly for storing

How do you do that?

1 hour ago, Nick Berry said:

How do you do that?

They need to be dried from fresh to a certain internal moisture range. I've not gone into it to a great degree yet, but one I have read is one month at room temperature (20c), as a single layer, uncovered before sealing up.

Edited by catweazle1