Cannabis is now as dangerous as heroin and crack.

Welsh Tom

i think we need to get the prick saying this to spend a month on weed, then a month on heroin and crack and see which causes him the worst withdrawals

• Like 13

Surely it is much healthier if we approach cannabis as a society with education rather than condemnation.

So much time and resources are lost battling the war on drugs. Imagine if we could direct that energy elsewhere.

Little Britain stuck in the past whilst the world moves forward.

• Like 2

i started out growing cannabis, now ive moved on to growing grape vines, where will this madness stop? i mean seriously though, im like the cat lady of plants.

• Like 4

you couldn’t make this old fashioned shite up..

I bet he has a cannabis company set up already lol

about david sidwick (story teller)

“After graduating, I joined the pharmaceutical industry as a representative for Parke-Davis.

During my career within the sector, I undertook many rewarding management and marketing roles, one of which was joining the UK Management Board for Parke-Davis as CNS Therapy Director (Marketing Director).

I was responsible for substantial budgets and members of staff. One of my top achievements was to bring to market the first treatment for neuropathic pain in Europe against strong US opposition. This career gave me a thorough grounding in strategy, communication and resource allocation.

What's more, these experiences proved to be invaluable when I subsequently decided to set up my own business. For nearly 2 decades, STAC Consultancy facilitated the education of more than 17,500 secondary care consultants in areas such as chronic pain, epilepsy, dementia and multiple sclerosis. (what is cannabis good for again?)

My professional career has given me experience of large multi-national organisations as well as the needs of a small, lean business“

no conflict of interest there lolwonder who he plays golf with at the weekend

he’s an actor 

Edited by twigs
shite
  • Like 8

ive lost several good mates chasing the dragon ( SMACK )  :toot:  ... but ive not lost 1 mate from smoking dope.  ffs do the maths ennit dozy cunts. :yep:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, twigs said:

chronic pain, epilepsy, dementia and multiple sclerosis. (what is cannabis good for again?)

Well, that's just astonishing isn't it! How about that.

It's almost, and I know I'm being a tad avant garde here, almost as if he has a vested interest in pharmaceutical companies who would rather cannabis be kept at arms length so they can continue making profits from these conditions! Crazy notion, I know!

• Like 7

lol wonder what he gets at christmas from them? bet it’s not a fiver in a card lol 

Company history: Parke-Davis 

before the criminalization of cocaine, the drug was sold by Parke-Davis in various forms, including cigarettes, powder, and even a cocaine mixture that could be injected directly into the user’s veins with the included needle.

The company promised that its cocaine products would "supply the place of food, make the coward brave, the silent eloquent and ... render the sufferer insensitive to pain."

In October 1915, Aleister Crowley, author of Diary of a Drug Fiend and The Confessions of Aleister Crowley, stopped by Parke-Davis in Detroit, where, according to Crowley, the cooperation was complete. "[They] were kind enough to interest themselves in my researches in Anhalonium lewinii (peyote) and made me some special preparations on the lines indicated by my experience which proved greatly superior to previous preparations."[11]

Parke-Davis also was the original manufacturer and patent holder of phencyclidine (PCP) which is currently listed as a Schedule II drug in the United States.

It also developed Ketalar (ketamine hydrochloride), a general anesthetic and dissociative drug, in 1962

———

FLUID EXTRACTS AND TINCTURES

CANNABIS, U.S.P.

(American Cannabis):

Fluid Extract No. 598

(Alcohol 80%)

cannabis.jpg

Fluid Extract Cannabis, in common with other of our products that cannot be accurately assayed by chemical means, is tested physiologically and made to conform to a standard that has been found to be, in practice, reliable.

Every package is stamped with the date of manufacture. Physiologic standardization was introduced by Parke, Davis & Co.

This fluid extract is prepared from Cannabis sativa grown in America. Extensive pharmacological and clinical tests have shown that its medicinal action cannot be distinguished from that of the fluid made from imported East Indian cannabis.

Average dose, 1 1.2 mins. (0.1 cc). Narcotic, analgesic, sedative.

From the Parke, Davis & Company 1929-1930 physicians' catalog. 

———

the DOdGy times.

you know those ‘stories’ in the uk papers ‘My dog ate a spliff in the park, druggies are evil dog killers’

When Weird, Old-Timey Big Pharma Got Dogs Stoned For Science

Dana Larsen

In the late 1800s, the Parke-Davis pharmaceutical company was basically the biggest weed dealer in America.

They promoted their cannabis medicines across the continent, proudly advertising that they rejected literal tons of shwaggy weed each year and used only the dankest primo nugs for their pot products

Cannabis' active ingredients were not fully understood at this time. THC and other cannabinoids had not yet been isolated, so there was no way to chemically test extracts for their potency.

This made dosages for cannabis medicines very difficult to standardize. Parke-Davis would have some doctors complaining that their extracts weren't doing anything, while others had patients taking hallucinatory voyages while trying to treat their arthritis pain.

Parke-Davis tried to solve this problem by launching their dog testing program in 1898. This is the "physiological test" referred to in their ad above. Over the next four decades, thousands of dogs were fed cannabis extracts and examined until they passed out.

I don't know why Parke-Davis had to use dogs when I'm sure there would have been plenty of humans willing to consensually nom down cannabis treats all day and then report back on the results. An article from 1899 called "Trying it on the dog" explained that researchers could tell when the cannabis was taking effect because the dog "gets dopey, staggers in its walk and eventually keels over and dreams dreams."

In 1908, Parke-Davis researchers published an article in the American Journal of Pharmacy which detailed the methods they used to test cannabis products on dogs. They preferred medium-sized, short-haired dogs under 30 pounds. Fox terriers were considered ideal.

We'll let Parke-Davis's article speak for itself:

It is necessary in selecting the test animals to pick out those that are easily susceptible to the action of cannabis since dogs as well as human beings vary considerably in their reaction to the drug.

The dog's tongue is drawn forward between the teeth with the left hand, and the capsule placed on the back part of the tongue with the right hand. The tongue is then quickly released, and the capsule is swallowed with ease

Why they couldn't just wrap the hash capsule in bacon, we'll never know. It's almost like they didn't care for the welfare of these dogs or treat them very well.

After getting dosed up, the dog would go through three stages: excitability, incoordination, and drowsiness.

Honestly, that sounds like a pretty good evening. Researchers were less focused on the excitability phase and more on measuring how long it took for a dose to knock the dogs unconscious

After one to two hours the dog loses control of its legs and of the muscles supporting its head, so that when nothing occurs to attract its attention its head will droop, its body sway, and when severely affected, the animal will stagger and fall, the intoxication being peculiarly suggestive and striking

To do the analysis properly, they needed to dose several dogs multiple times each, with extracts of known potency and then with the new product they were trying to calibrate.

However, they warn against using the same dogs too many times because "they become so accustomed to the effects of the drug that they refuse to stand on their feet."

Here's the headline. The Parke-Davis gang repeatedly tried to kill dogs by injecting them with massive doses of high-potency cannabis extracts. They wanted to cause deadly overdoses, but no matter how high the dose, they just couldn't do more than knock the dogs into a coma for a day or two. 

“At the beginning of our observations careful search of the literature on the subject was made to determine the toxicity of the hemp. Not a single case of fatal poisoning have we been able to find reported, although often alarming symptoms may occur.

A dog weighing 25 pounds received an injection of two ounces of an active U.S.P. fluid extract in the jugular vein with the expectation that it would certainly be sufficient to produce death.

To our surprise, the animal, after being unconscious for about a day and a half, recovered completely. This dog received not alone the active constituents of the drug but also the amount of alcohol contained in the fluid extract.

Another dog received about 7 grams of Solid Extract Cannabis with the same result.

We have never been able to give an animal a sufficient quantity of a preparation of the Cannabis to produce death”

They injected dogs with weed extracts and fed them blocks of hash, but the dogs just would not die. I wonder what extradimensional visions a dog would have during a 36-hour cannabis coma. If animals could talk, I suspect these canines could have started a new religion.

And I'm sure that after all this testing was over, the dogs all got sent to a nice farm upstate where they lived out their days frolicking and being good dogs ... right? Right?

So there you go. Just like with humans, massive doses of cannabis extracts knocked the canines into a comatose state but didn't kill them no matter how hard they tried.

sauce

lol so they’ve been studying and selling cannabis medicine for quite a while.. watching, waiting for round two..

Edited by twigs
spell
  • Like 9

not a mention of any of that from the journalists/media/news companies letting him use their platform to advertise his next marketing campaign.

• Like 2