Got a prescription for medical cannabis

TrippinYou

Hi! First post here.

Two months ago I went through some consultations and got approved for medical cannabis. I get prescribed 20g Indica a month by the pharmacist 19-20 THC% and delivered by DPD which is such a strange feeling in itself.

I was in a motorbike crash 15 months ago that nearly tooo my life and a few limbs..the cannabis was prescribed for pain, fits and mental health.

No prior experience of long term cannabis other than the odd few hits during college etc.

I have a portable vape and use this to smoke.

My question is no matter how hard I search I can not find out where I stand with the law if I wanted to carry my medication/cannabis out in public with me, is this allowed? I commute often away for days so always nervous carrying this, Can you smoke in public? Anyone had any experience with being stopped? 

reddit /ukmedicalcannabis is your friend.

short answer; cannabis in original prescription container with your name on it. photo id in same name. optional; doctors letter / pharmacists prescription.

BUT; dont expect not to be hassled by police and public not aware of the law. be subtle and considerate.

source; me, a prescribed cannabis user who has written to local chief of police for confirmation.

WARNING; driving can be fraught with difficulties

• Like 3

I've seen quite a few prescribed people talking about their experiences, and as above, making sure you have all your credentials (ducks in a row, if you will!) with you and everything tallies up, it should be the same as any other prescription medicine. There are even pubs and cafes that are allowing cannabis patients to vape inside their establishments as well. It's a bit difficult to refuse someone taking their prescribed medicine, really.

My guess is that having to constantly explain yourself to the police/public is the most annoying thing about it, because honestly, most people don't even know prescription cannabis is a thing in the UK. And that includes the police. But the more people like you there are out there, educating in a polite manner, the better it is for everyone else still to come.

• Like 7

I thought this site was about ditching the dealer lol

jokes aside, i agree with the above and just try to be discrete as if it was still illegal to just lover the attention brought upon yourself, as there are plenty of videos and news reports of police men not even knowing that Cannabis has been made legal medically.

• Like 5

Guest anarchycamp
8 hours ago, dylant said:

Can you take it abroad  i.e spain  etc 

:rofl: I think Dubai allows it..

Seriously though, never heard a good story or seen any good prescription cannabis, not once.

Grow your own bud, at least you know what's gone in it!

as far as i’m aware ‘smoked’ cannabis isn’t considered ‘medical’ in the uk, wether it’s home grown or on private script..

but i should imagine that will change in the next few years the more people use it outside as we dump the old school oppressors in the ground (you would hope) 

a friend works with a lot of americans over in uk and they all bring their meds over and blaze/vape outside with no fear it seems though.. “diplomatic immunity officer Riggs” lol 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dylant said:

Can you take it abroad  i.e spain  etc 

If you want to lengthen your stay in Spain then fill your boots!

I'm pretty sure that in the States if you are travelling between states then is classed as a federal crime even if those two neighbouring states allow recreational use. I might be completely wrong but I can imagine it would make for a very uncomfortable airport experience and really bring some unwanted attention!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, twigs said:

as far as i’m aware ‘smoked’ cannabis isn’t considered ‘medical’ in the uk, wether it’s home grown or on private script..

but i should imagine that will change in the next few years the more people use it outside as we dump the old school oppressors in the ground (you would hope) 

a friend works with a lot of americans over in uk and they all bring their meds over and blaze/vape outside with no fear it seems though.. “diplomatic immunity officer Riggs” lol 

yeh a friend can bring a few oz over when he comes over ,

• Like 3

• 2 months later...