Medical cannabis and chronic pancreatitis

Art Vandelay70

Hi,

Has anyone used medical cannabis for chronic pancreatitis pain and nausea. Now in pain constantly, chronic pain with acute flares and nausea which is stopping me eating as it makes the pain worse and the smell of a lot of food just makes me gag now most of the time. Also have gastritis which also causes nausea making it even worse. GPs and consultants seem to have run out of anti-nausea meds to try and I am opioid pain meds for pain but they are trying to stop prescribing that if they can, NHS dictat from what I've read, not sure what they expect me to do .. Looking at trying to get private prescription medical cannabis to help with pain and nausea, any recommendations on clinics ? Do they contact your GP ? I can see they require your medical summary record but I was hoping to get a copy from my GP and forward it, rather than them finding out, as I don't think it will go down well with them.

thanks

You have nothing to lose if you try it and you will be surprised at how many in the medical profession support its use.

Study, grow your own and take it in whatever way is easiest for you. 

Good luck x 

• Like 3

The clinic is duty bound to inform your GP. Normally this would mean forwarding the letter or whatever the clinic sent you.

My GP never reads or processes incoming info. She will refer me for something, the hossie will do all sorts of stuff including diagnosis and prescription etc. It is all copied to her. Never been on the file. YMMV.

Note: I have prescribed cannabis for bowel disease, but it works wonders throughout my digestive system.

• Like 1

Sorry, I haven't had or read about a case like yours.  However, it sounds like a perfect candidate if for the chronic pain alon, but at its anti-emetic properties into the mix and you've a good solution there.

Not to be rude, but if your GP is weird about it, he needs to improve is knowledge and manner.

You are a patient with very real needs.  You deserve the best care available, preferably prescribed to meet your needs.  If he isn't able to prescribe a treatment that will work and help your body, rather than making things worse, he shouldn't be angry that someone else can.

If he doesn't know how effective cannabis can be be, with very few negative side-effects, he needs to do his CPD and study it!

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies, I guess I'll have to see what a few of the clinics, my GP and consultant say. Should be interesting if nothing else.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve got pancreatic problems acute and a growth I use the cancard as a medical card approach costs 20 a year and I use cbd flowers I order from the cbd flower shop not promoting but it works and helps me a great deal I don’t need to take my gastric meds anymore and am putting on weight so eating well again good luck 

• Like 2