Ferry to the Dam

Ecto

Yes many years ago  a few times with a truck on the freight ferry lol did a quite few raves over in Amsterdam which was crazy illegal parties with a Draught bar delivered and set up  by Heineken.Did quite a few  raves in the old grain silos which was a community squat . Now looks like it’s all gentrified. Didn’t have to buy any weed when there cos most had come to the silos .:oldtoker: The Teknival in Rotterdam 96 was a mission and a half some bright spark took a double decker bus and Holland didn’t have any so low bridges lol 

Edited by Arthur Mix
  • Like 2

@EctoYes mate!

We took the night ferry from Harwich. Really easy, drive onto ferry, get a meal and a few drinks, nice beds.

Early morning you arrive and drive straight off the ferry!!

We were camping at a festival so had to drive, worked out well for us.

I do remember no one looked in our car returning from Netherlands!!

Now im single, I'd go as foot passenger.

Any questions, fire away!

All the best!

Fry.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Giventofry said:

@EctoYes mate!

We took the night ferry from Harwich. Really easy, drive onto ferry, get a meal and a few drinks, nice beds.

Early morning you arrive and drive straight off the ferry!!

We were camping at a festival so had to drive, worked out well for us.

I do remember no one looked in our car returning from Netherlands!!

Now im single, I'd go as foot passenger.

Any questions, fire away!

All the best!

Fry.

Cool, me and the wife are going from harwich too as foot passengers! Makes it more of an adventure I think! Just concerned about finding the train to Amsterdam when we arrive but I’m sure we could follow others heading that way 

• Like 1

Yes, I have; bloody loved it. I do like a ferry/train etc. 

I thought it was really great. There's a lot of commercial traffic so there's no (or wasn't) partying or loud drunks thumping around. Wake up in port, breakfast with the truckers, roll off with professional drivers, so no mamping around; it's like a business flight. Or at least it was, not sure about now.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Ecto said:

Cool, me and the wife are going from harwich too as foot passengers! Makes it more of an adventure I think! Just concerned about finding the train to Amsterdam when we arrive but I’m sure we could follow others heading that way 

@Ectoim sure there used to shuttle bus from ferry passenger terminal to either bus or train station. It shoud say on ferry website.

Memory seems to say you can get a ferry ticket with onward rail to anywhere in N.L, might be worth looking at. If you havent already!!

Let us know as you get on!!

Im off myself end Oct for a birthday.

And have a blast!!

Fry.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Cool, me and the wife are going from harwich too as foot passengers!

Take a look at anglia trains.They used to do a rail and sail deal that was often cheaper than just the ferry fare.It included the train from  any of there stations to  harwich  and from hook to any dutch station. The station at hook is right next to the ferry port,you fall out of one straight into the other.If you cant wait till your destination for a smoke there was a coffee shop about  10 minutes walk from the ferry

• 1 year later...

Im thinking of doing this, but not taking the train up to 'dam, been there enough times, and its too fricking busy now, Rotterdam seems like a nice city and lots of coffeeshops there so why bother heading to 'dam?

Does anyone have any recommendations for Rotterdam / Coffeeshops?

I took the ferry about 5 years ago on my way to Germany, watched an alien movie in the cinema and a few beers, enjoyed it. Got some weed from the Bob marley coffee shop in Rotterdam. Didn't go in just went to the window, there wasn't much choice but the ammo was lovely.  Stopped there again on my way back and bought some more and caned it in the car park before getting back on the ferry.

32 minutes ago, bushdoc said:

I took the ferry about 5 years ago on my way to Germany, watched an alien movie in the cinema and a few beers, enjoyed it. Got some weed from the Bob marley coffee shop in Rotterdam. Didn't go in just went to the window, there wasn't much choice but the ammo was lovely.  Stopped there again on my way back and bought some more and caned it in the car park before getting back on the ferry.

What was the security like on the ferry back?

The security if they choose you is a proper search , I’ve not done it on foot . Once had double decker , coach and a truck they decided to unload the entire system from the truck which I didn’t help with lol then they had to put it back lol obv we didn’t carry excess materials . The drugs dog was confused as fuck with the truck , people been racking up on speakers for a month or two of raves in Holland . The customs decided we wasn’t smugglers eventually , after this we tried to clean surfaces of speakers and flightcases , still happened lol 

• Like 2

No - we caught a coach from London to Amsterdam which travelled on the ferry 

Was a few people celebrating on the coach after we got through the border check on the way back 

Why is there always a guy in the bar with a pint on his head, on every ferry I've ever been on? 

• Like 1

Don't  remember having issues with security but didn't have anything on me as smoked it all before I got on.