Vaping Temps

Jams67

Alrighty folks, I came across this article this morning, apologies if it has been shared before but I couldn’t find it using the search on here. It just goes into the different effects you can get by vaping at different temperatures. Might be handy for anyone starting out vaping or someone looking to dial in specific effects for their medication needs etc. Ive got different routines for different vapes but I generally try and get as much out of my weed as possible, now that im growing my own and dont need to worry about conserving as much as possible I will look at vaping different temps to get specific effects for the situation. I usually turn my ABV into edibles as well so whatever goodness isn't extracted during the vape session will still be used up when making edibles.

Edited by Owderb
Link removed
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jams67 said:

I usually turn my ABV into edibles

How does that work? How do the edibles come out?
I have a few jars of it that i cannot bring myself to throw away, whenever i clean the Mighty out i keep all the alcohol, was thinking of evaporating it out of the mix and making some rso with AVB, but if making edibles works alright this might be a solution :D

• Like 1

Or you can put it in a capsule.

Regarding vape temps, I seen a good few people mention that they start vaping at 210c ....I don't even get there. I start at 170c and work up, usually finishing about 185c with the occasional 195c.

• Like 3

@DreamCatcherYou can do as @Military Grade says and dump your abv straight into yogurt or on some chocolate spread, any food/drink you want as it's already been decarbbed when it was vaped. You can go a bit further and make canna oil/butter etc the same way you would make normal edibles with weed, you just need to use a lot more. I'm currently high as balls, had a brownie that I made using creamed coconut infused with abv, topped off with a thick custard made from the milk I used to get all the reclaim from my crafty cu's lol If you use it with food that has a strong flavor and infuse into an oil discarding the plant material then the taste is not too bad at all:smokin:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

195° here with no boost. Less coughing. Stopped using avb as it’s a crap buzz :yep: 

For sure ABV stone tends to be more of a sedative stone, or it can be pretty weak depending on how far it was originally vaped. It can always get you out of a pinch or be used as a night time sleeping aid :) 

• Like 3

Cannabinoids:

• CBG: 126°F / 52°C
  • THCa: 220°F / 104°C
  • CBDa: 248°F / 120°C
  • Δ9THC: 315°F / 157°C
  • Δ8THC: 350°F / 177°C
  • CBD: 356°F / 180°C
  • CBN: 365°F / 185°C
  • THCv: 428°F / 220°C
  • CBC: 428°F / 220°C

Terpenes:

• A-Pinene: 311°F / 155°C
  • β-Caryophyllene: 320°F / 165°C
  • β-Myrcene: 334°F / 168°C
  • Citronellol: 437°F / 225°C
  • d-Limonene: 349°F / 176°C
  • Eucalyptol: 349°F / 176°C
  • Terpinolene: 365°F / 185°C
  • Linalool: 388°F / 198°C
  • Humulene: 388°F / 198°C
  • Phytol: 399°F / 204°C
  • Caryophyllene oxide: 495°F / 257°C

Don't forget that the temp on the dial isn't necessarily the temp in the bowl ;)

• Like 6

4 hours ago, KC said:

Or you can put it in a capsule.

Regarding vape temps, I seen a good few people mention that they start vaping at 210c ....I don't even get there. I start at 170c and work up, usually finishing about 185c with the occasional 195c.

What unit is that on @KC ?

I think its very much vape dependant.... on my old Volcano digit, 185 was my sweet spot, I use a flowerpot pro now and find i drive her a bit louder, up to the 210's and beyond, but saying that, the makers recommend 600F (315C!)

I think what @Hippie on hill said about what the PID says and the actual temp is right.... now where is that laser thermometer thingy i bought?????

7 hours ago, Chairman O The Bored said:

What unit is that on @KC 

I

Volcano hybrid. I'll have to try a 210c bag. There's no way I'd get near 315c though, you might as well smoke it :skin_up:

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Chairman O The Bored said:

the makers recommend 600F (315C!)

Combustion begins at 244c though..

I used to vape at 180c and it was okay, but then i felt bad for whatever was left in the bud (and it was a lot) and since i didnt know what to do with it afterwards i just started blitzing it at 210c. Its a more intense hit, comes faster. If im out for a quick top up ill do that, if i am out with a friend who is smoking ill start at 180c and then boost it to 210c to account for the time it takes to smoke the joint, so im not done first and then wait like a melon. lol

Now i know i can literally eat AVB with a spoon, ill start keeping it a bit more as food and not as ashtray stuff xD

• Like 3