Will attis 200w Pro be good for flower too?

Trashedagain77

Hi guys basically I've got a 0.8m x 0.8m cupboard in which I'd like to use an Led light. I'm keen on the Lumatek attis 200w Pro as it is specifically designed for 80 cm 2 spaces and is currently available in my local shop.Will this be powerful enough for the flowering stage too? I see that there is also a 300w pro which is obviously a bit more powerful and also a bit more expensive. I know that these are dimmable in 25%increments so what do you think Led experts? Thanks I appreciate your help. Peace 

@Larry BadgeleyI've the par 275w and think it's similar dimensions, im thinking of a tent the same size as yours.

How do you find a rectangle light fits a square tent and how many plants can you do?

I've always stayed rectangle tents to fit the shape but want smaller than 120x60

• Like 1

I'd go for the 300W.

I'm not convinced that 200W would be enough in an 80 x 80 :yep:

You might only run them at up to 75% most of the time,

but that should also help maximise the lifetime of the LEDs themselves :) 

I think @mikeydoughnut has experience with this light :punk:

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 2

I'm using the 300w attis in a 60 x 90 and haven't gone above 80% yet @Trashedagain77 .... 240W.  Leccy bill is also a consideration to not experimenting too much but with some unit height management I've had super low stretch and decent PAR, even too much light earlier in the grow at lower light levels l.

I have been adjusting  the height on the LED as well as the power.  I reckon with some ratchet hangers you could do well with the 200w and get a suitable PAR with height management. 

• Like 2

@Darknight420710

I grow 4 plants in 7.5ltr square pots. I "fim" or top them, if you like, to keep the squat. The coverage of the 240w PAR + is excellent. I veg them at 80w at first and up the wattage accordingly. I think they are on full wack as I'm going to flip at the end of this month.

• Like 3

As above, I’d get the 300 mate and dim it. Worked fine in a 60x60 at 75% / 240w. 1.33gpw 

• Like 3

Hey thanks everyone! Amazing stuff that's why I love it on here! Top people with top advice. I'm still torn between the two but the 300 is dimmable afterall and I figured even without a fancy dimmer that the factory 75% would be 225w so yeah I reckon I'll try go for the 300. What is the cheapest and safest way to dim the light in better increments than the set 25s please? Do you have to buy the expensive lumatek dimmer or is there other options? Thanks again. 

• Like 1

@Trashedagain77the site sponsor has some good led in and you get the uk420 discount 

added bonus is you can pay over 3 or 4 months depending on the method if you want to spread payments out. 

• Like 2

Think the Attis pro can be hooked up to a fancy controller but the standard one definitely can’t. 

Goes up in 60w increments - the dimming control is 1-5.

• Like 1

Thanks Smokey that's great! It is the Pro I was looking at and I think that those increments may be adaquate without the dimmer (if its super costly). I suppose there is also the option to adjust the height of the light to increase/decrease the strength too. Thanks again for your help mate. I'm really looking forward to trying these LEDs now, it means I can grow all year round now without heat issues in the heat of the summer. Peace. 

• Like 1

@Trashedagain77 Sorry bud I stand corrected the standard Attis is 60w/120w/180w/240w/300w - has a separate power switch.

But it looks like the pro is off/75w/150w/225w/300w

I guess with the external controller you’ll be able to set it anywhere in between.

Edited by Smokey McBongface
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...