Scots 'cannabis connoisseur' jailed after cops find £10,000 stash during raid

Simple Jack

1 hour ago, Larry Badgeley said:

I've done jury service and you can only go on the facts that are presented to you

You can decide the law is unjust and therefore the defendant is not guilty.

• Like 3

I only go on what I have seen. I watched a completely innocent guy get guilty by a jury trial. It was just "stupid". I was a fucking witness for the accused whom I was with in a totally different part of the country on the night of the "incident". I stood in the dock and said - He was with me, So did 5 others . There was zero doubt about the dates etc. But the jury simply didn't believe us and instead believed not the victim because they did not see their attacker....but they believed 3 people who were between 13-15yo at the time and identified my mate from 200 meters away at 11.30pm on a sat night in a BLACKOUT !!

It was that mad because the actual prosecutor had put away her files because she thought a certain not guilty. The judge was also "shocked" too lol. He gave the most lenient sentence for a guilty verdict which was no prison lol but the crown appealed his sentence and he ended up doing 9 month of a 1 year sentence. 

BTW the accused was not even picked up nor searched for nor interviewed for over 1 year AFTER the crime took place. I know for a fact the bloke was with me as we were both attending my brothers kids christening next day and the accused beat us all at pool which just had never happened in like a decade ffs.....Oh and then we went from pub to house where we smoked until about 4am then got our heads down all in one big front room. 

That was my first taste of Juries and I basically found that the loudmouth in the jury will take the rest with them as far as deciding guilt. I have seen 3 jury trials since and seen enough to be convinced that IF I was innocent I wouldn't want them anywhere near me, But IF I was guilty of a crime then I would take my chance with a jury because they are thick enough for clever people to at least give the guilty a chance.

Think of it like "Oh he has short hair and looks mean...he must be guilty". That is how most juries work imho. 

• Like 1

well, knowing a bit about Scottish law, ahem, i can guess that he plead not guilty before it went to jury trial.

what generally happens before a jury trial is the solicitors get together and see if he is prepared to take a "deal", to prevent the trial going ahead.

ive even seen them doing this in the day of the trial.

He obviously thought he was going to get away with it despite having a kilo of weed scales and snap bags (not the brightest idea), and hoped the jury would back him up. 

They didnt, and the establishment dont like those who question thier system, or create work for them ........so they came down hard on him shoving 18 months up his ass. 

I will virtually guarantee, the "deal" wouldnt have been as bad as that, but hey fucking ho....live and learn.....

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Bustin Jieber said:

... like a telly show

Jeopardy?

Restoring vintage bikes must be popular round my way too. The corner shops here all sell rolls of baggies with or without a leaf logo.

Come to think of it they sell bongs, blunts, grinders, rolling mats and a variety of rolling papers as well these days. Never saw this while growing up does anyone think cannabis is more prevalent in the UK today? The war on drugs is going well then.