Sea fishing

zen-ken

Caught the first 'keeper' bass of this year....Legal limit is 42cm+ now :eek:

Dogs, mackerel, wrasse and flats taking well on the worm. :yep:

• Like 4

3 hours ago, zen-ken said:

Well done on the catch, but have you ever noticed that there is a fishing sub-forum within the Smoker's Lounge section called Tight Lines? There's nearly 500 threads devoted to angling, perhaps this would be better off in that section.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, zen-ken said:

regs regs regs and laws ..

makes it so the average person cant go fishing with out finding them a ticket of some sorts..and they have fishing days here .....fathers day mothers day ....no license :wanker: to snag the others lol

but ya still have to know whats what and what you can do ...and its not easy here that's for sure...maddening

Nice fish though Mr :)

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, gb1 said:

makes it so the average person cant go fishing with out finding them a ticket of some sorts

do you need a license to sea fish over there mate? we don't need to here, certainly not on public beaches any way.

i wish i lived closer to the sea, maybe one day if my finances change

Edited by ratdog
'''!
  • Like 2

I'm only able to fish fresh water but ..

Ya,,,,,.you need a fishing license of some sort,,

lol  It's a good read...

https://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/licence-permis/index-eng.html

Then you gotta know boundaries....Across the mouth of river there is ok but Not over here

There are TONS of regs for fresh water. :mellow:

We are very privileges to be able to catch and release. Most places where fresh water is limited..

You catch and keep and go home as you are limited...

PS 

You need a boating license as well to have and use a boat... :)

BUTTTTTT

If you come here from another country.

.Don't speak .or understand English

..................You can rent a boat and they will GIVE you a boaters license  . :)

lol regulation money grab..

now they want MORE :furious:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gb1 said:

You need a boating license as well to have and use a boat..

you need a safety certificate here, just to prove you can navigate safely etc i think.

i used to go out regularly in the bristol channel and a few times in the english channel, caught spur dogs, skate, conger and one time a smooth hound (looks like a baby shark, stunningly beautiful)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ratdog said:

you need a safety certificate here, just to prove you can navigate safely etc i think.

i used to go out regularly in the bristol channel and a few times in the english channel, caught spur dogs, skate, conger and one time a smooth hound (looks like a baby shark, stunningly beautiful)

Dog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, fish         lol           

YOU mean

PURPLE FUCKING SHARK............ WITH Two GOD DAMN TEETH.......... ffs :eek:

My old man says

" It's a dog fish !"

Like fuck old man........ "Tha'ts a fucking 4 foot purple shark.". lol

I grew up on the east coast for the first part of my life and fished from shore for skulpins perch flounder,,,with crushed up Perry winkles..

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gb1 said:

Dog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, fish

lol no mate, i got that wrong, smooth hound is dogfish lol caught loads of those over the years, rough as fuck and will sand your skin off as you konw, this was a perfect copy of a little shark, blue top, white belly, one of the most beautiful fish i have ever seen, caught it on light tackle carp rod, also had a skate that day, it was like trying to pull a kite up from the bottom lol

that was an amazing day's fishing, small engined boat about 5-600 feet off shore, sun blazing and plenty of beer! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ratdog said:

lol no mate, i got that wrong, smooth hound is dogfish lol caught loads of those over the years, rough as fuck and will sand your skin off as you konw, this was a perfect copy of a little shark, blue top, white belly, one of the most beautiful fish i have ever seen

That sounds more like a young tope to me or possibly a young blue shark.

A smooth hound is not a dogfish, there are two types of smooth hound in British waters, the common, Mustelus mustelus, and the starry, Mustelus asterias.

There are also two types of dogfish, (actually cat sharks) the lesser-spotted, Scyliorhinus canicula and the great-spotted, Scyliorhinus stellaris. The lesser-spotted are the species most commonly caught by anglers, the great-spotted is usually know as a bull huss and are much bigger, up to 10kg.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Arbre Medicinal said:

A smooth hound is not a dogfish

you are right, i just had a quick look yesterday and the small pic i saw was the same colour more or less as a doggy, but on closer inspection it was much bigger lol

• Like 1

Had a 13lb+ Smoothhound off a boat from the Bristol channel a couple of months back...the biggest of the day was 20+. They go like fuck. :yep: