Solid budz

Eldo

Having to rely on dubious sources till I'm self sufficient but in the last 2 months I've had 3 batches that were rock solid. Half ounce looked like an average quarter. 1st had loads of crystals and was pretty potent....strongest something I've had in a while

Others not many crystals taste and smell pretty tame. Anyone else experienced this lately?

1st one i got was actually pretty ko stuff and glistening in crystals. Reminded me of the old import stuff you used to get which had presumably been squashed together for storage/transportation.

Didn't think much of it till the last 2 bits I got were rock solid but not much smell or crystals....sleepy stuff but nothing more. After a bit of googling I'm thinking this could be PGRs??

Not necessarily. Led lighting has added somewhat to bud density but I recall sodium buds as hard as nails too. I swear the one cali orange I had could have stoned someone to death.

Any pics?

Of the buds that is. I know what some of the guys here are like, they'll have their gimp suits out in no time if you're not specific. 

• Like 2

@KC here's the latest batch. Only have kitchen scales so not accurate but bid on right is over 3g

large.20220804_212939_copy_1050x1492.jpg

Sadly this is also probably the closest I'll come to winning pic of the month lol

• Like 2

Did wonder it it was LED lights but I've got through a fair amount of weed and not seen anything like this in last 15 +  years

Edited by Eldo

I'll be honest mate, it doesn't look very nice but then it's not all about looks. But honestly I've had a good few strains turn out rock hard and I don't use boosters at all, just grow/bloom and root stim early on. I love the rock hard ones as they trim nice in the trim bag, I've had to go back to using the Chikamasas on the normal buds as I'm a bit ocd when it comes to trimming lol

I'm not saying pgrs weren't being used, just it is possible to get ridiculously hard nugs without (strain dependant).  This is why I was put off buying weed, god knows what's in some of it. We had a lad on here asking about using his jizz as a feed... no word of a lie!

Someone will recall the thread I'm sure.

Sperm - Page 2 - Free4all - UK420

Edited by KC
link
  • Like 2

@KC I think my jizz is too tired to be effective nowadays

What a thread lollol I feel ok about most of my questions, now that I've read that 

• Like 3

I'm gonna go with heat.

Some of my best buds had cooler temps through the grow and LED can help with that - I think this is where the "denser buds" from LED's arguments come from - its probably partly true but I'll bet its the heat (or lack of it).

Crap buds in the summer is no surprise though with the heat we've had!

• Like 2

most cash croppers are unethical caaants,, and will pollute your weed with PGRs, for the sake of an extra 10-20% yeild, with the added benefit they can scam it out as "cali....maaaaan" $$$$££££££, so im guessing its been PGr'd

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 3

Well that thread saved me from unnecessarily jazzing on my plants glad you shared lol

Seems hard buds could be possible through strain or leds....this really does seem something else though. 

Being as its 3 different strains I'm going with PGRs though. At least on these last 2 supposed cali strains 

• Like 1