Amazon LOTR

Hiphip

%58 million per episode

Not as excited about this as perhaps I should be. Is this going to be the most costly booboo in TV history?

Cheers :smokin:

• Like 2

Just now, monkeypig said:

I'm not too sure, isn't it made up rather than based on a book?

50/50 I would imagine. It's still based upon the writing of Tolkien, but I'm sure they will fill in a lot of gaps. There's a lot of cool lore I hope they are touching on. From what I've heard, it's based in the second age with flashbacks or references to the first age?! Could be quite interesting :)

• Like 1

Just now, monkeypig said:

I'm not too sure, isn't it made up rather than based on a book? I reckon it could stink.

I think and I could be wrong, that it is based when the rings of power were made or about them being made, so some connection to the books but yeah made up

• Like 1

2 hours ago, monkeypig said:

I'm not too sure, isn't it made up rather than based on a book? I reckon it could stink.

Isn't the book just made up ? I didn't realise it was based on a true story

• Like 13

29 minutes ago, Saddam said:

It's going to be a load of woketard bollocks. :soap: 

Care to expand on that?

It's called The Rings of Power and it will be set in the Second Age of Middle Earth. The problem is that apparently, the makers don't really have the rights to any of Tolkien's writings apart from LOTR, so nothing really relevant to the Second Age. 

I'll watch it as I love all things Tolkien, whether I'll enjoy it is another thing, but I won't be paying Amazon to watch it.

8 hours ago, Degsy said:

Isn't the book just made up ?

You cheeky little scallywag you. I see what you did there. What I meant , it has been made up by the people writing the show, rather than having been written by Tolkein. 

Edited by monkeypig
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Arbre Medicinal said:

Care to expand on that?

It's called The Rings of Power and it will be set in the Second Age of Middle Earth. The problem is that apparently, the makers don't really have the rights to any of Tolkien's writings apart from LOTR, so nothing really relevant to the Second Age. 

I'll watch it as I love all things Tolkien, whether I'll enjoy it is another thing, but I won't be paying Amazon to watch it.

Diversity hires to the gunnels, loads of wimmin folks running around doing heroic, swordy type stuff and frothings of The Message.

Also apparently this is Sauron

unknown.png

Middle Earth's issues may well have been solved if someone had just went into the shop for this young man's fags.

• Like 5

It's mostly "adapted".

What really boiled my piss was when they were first going on about it they seriously discredited Peter Jacksons trilogy efforts, yet they've bought WETA from him and most of the props on scenes are still mostly what came from the WETA workshops.

I will watch it for what it is and see what it has to offer though, it's taken some time and I'd like to see if Amazon actually have anything decent about them when it comes to producing content.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Saddam said:

It's going to be a load of woketard bollocks. :soap: 

Based on the appendices published in ROTK. 

I really hope not, if there's one thing I can't stand it's subtle nuances about the plight of the LGBTQ+ community.

A (monkey)pox on all of them!

9 minutes ago, Whortleberry said:

large_420.jpgBest version of the Dwarven Queen.

Good sign that Tolkien's lore will play its part.

• Like 1