Battlefield 3 reality mod

AngryDuck

Is anyone playing this?

Have never owned a copy of any battlefield game. Have 7 years playing squad, hell let loose, post scriptum and a tiny bit of arma. I am really into this type of teamwork based gameplay. I am really considering buying a copy of Bf3 + the mods just to try this out. But unsure if the 20-30 quid is going to be worth it. A lot of reviews ive watched seem to suggest it will be money well spent. There discord has 7000+ members already and the mod only went live on Sunday so its clearly popular and from reading up it seems a lot of future updates will happen. 

If you already own a copy of battlefield 3, may be worth checking this out. If you have played how did you find it?

Used to love playing BF3 when it was new(xbox360), I got a copy of it on PC for free last year when EA was giving the game away for free, it ruined my memories going back after all this time the game feels so old and janky.

Mods might help give it a bit more life

@Military Grade

VERSION 0.1
First public playable version. A starting point
  • Custom spawn system (FOBs & Rally Points)
  • Adjusted game pace (movement / weapon-handling speed)
  • Gunplay (suppression / recoil / damage)
  • Adjusted gun / explosion sounds
  • Health and medic system (bleeding / bandaging / reviving)
  • Custom UI (main-menu / spawn-menu / map / comm-rose / HUD)
  • AAS game mode
  • 5 modified and expanded vanilla maps
  • Two custom factions (USMC / Russian Army)
  • 9 pre-fixed kits per faction
  • Modified vanilla vehicles (transport only)
  • Improved visuals (day-night cycle / weather)

They have overhaled the whole way the game is played. Almost a carbon copy of how squad plays out, if you have played.  

It could be good down the line with 

• Custom maps
  • Playable vehicles, armor and air units
  • More game modes

Being on the frostbite engine it does have a better scope for updates which wont come with games on UE 4/5.

Like having destruction in game. To me this sounds good but if everything can be destroyed it kind of makes using cover a negative feature. Squad has said no air combat will happen but this is possible in BF and adds another layer to the gameplay if not to overpowered. 

The Original BF2 mod is still going after 17 years though that looks very dated by todays standards.