Business Trip

DoctorDangerous

I'd been at a festival all weekend. I'd arrived on the thursday night, dropped the first of a series of acid tabs, and had been running around since then, thinking I was the centre of the universe. When dawn broke on Monday morning I was down - I mean depressed. Why? Because I was booked onto a nine o'clock flight to Chicago on business, which meant that I just had time to nip home for a shower and to put on my best 3-piece pinstripe to fool the public into thinking I was respectable. I met up with the customer who was flying me over there - a director of a large engineering firm. He chatted pleasantly to me and didn't seem to notice my huge pupils or my occasional giggling as we boarded the plane. He was ready for a good eight hour conversation, and he chatted to me about plans and problems and the price of fish....

I awoke in Chicago, bleary eyed and disoriented. The director seemed somewhat unhappy that I'd fallen asleep before take off and woken after landing. He must have had a very boring flight! I traipsed off the plane, and picked up my baggage, joining the customs queue with the other passengers. My state must have tipped off the customs guys, because they gave my bag a real going over, then frisked me thoroughly. I wasn't worried because I knew I was clean, so I laughed and chatted to my tormentors, daring them to find anything illegal. My humour got the better of them because they waved me through, bags and all. Feeling pleased with myself I stood waiting for my colleague to catch me up. It seemed that they were suspicious of him by association, because he got the same treatment I did, with some very intimate searching going on! It was lucky for me that he did, because it meant that no one was around to see when I bent to tie my shoelace and the wrap of base speed that I'd had placed in my breast pocket a couple of years before - "for serious meetings" dropped out ond fluttered to the ground, right beside the foot of an armed guard. I recovered the evidence carefully (very carefully!) and resolved never to go abroad again without carefully checking my clothes for forgotten drugs...

Yikes. Thanks for the refresher course on suit pockets & airline travel. As often as I wear one, the lesson's much appreciated.

:rolleyes:

Man, I hate flying all raggedy like that, but, then, I can't sleep worth a damn on a plane (talk about a curse). Another good reason for this old cuss to stay at home.

lol