Self-sufficient wild weed fields?

AnonyMice

Reckon weed could grow wildly in the UK if you threw loads of males & females around ? 

Or would the resulting seeds all become animal food before next season? 

I have no growing experience, just a nice thought that popped into my head lol. 

• Like 1

A good few years ago there was a German grower on a forum and he had naturalised some cannabis . I have seen seed pop up again over a hard winter . There was enough of them strewn around and a small percentage popped in the spring and were eaten by slugs ,naturally . 

• Like 1

Just now, Michael Luchóg said:

A good few years ago there was a German grower on a forum and he had naturalised some cannabis . I have seen seed pop up again over a hard winter . There was enough of them strewn around and a small percentage popped in the spring and were eaten by slugs ,naturally . 

Maybe possible if enough seeds were spread and plants grew nicely? I don’t think enough seeds could possibly survive to multiply/sustain itself. Nice thought in theory. 

Germany is further south than me, on the same latitude as the south of England though! Maybe possible :D 

• Like 1

Wild cannabis often has small seeds which germinate irregularly.

In places like Siberia, Kazakhstan etc the latitude is similar to our own although the climate may be different, the people hand rub the wild plants to make rough charas which they sell in matchboxes, it's not potent like a bit of Moroccan though as the plants are wild and not selected for potency.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, inceywinceyspider said:

Wild cannabis often has small seeds which germinate irregularly.

In places like Siberia, Kazakhstan etc the latitude is similar to our own although the climate may be different, the people hand rub the wild plants to make rough charas which they sell in matchboxes, it's not potent like a bit of Moroccan though as the plants are wild and not selected for potency.

That’s cool. I’d imagine it would be pretty similar to decent flower. Must have at least 10-20% THC. Was reading articles of the origin of cannabis and how it spread wildly throughout the Himalayan mountains and much further beyond. 

Real interesting stuff. 

Was wondering if something similar would be possible here if someone kick started it, in theory. Practically someone attempting to start such a thing would probably spend loads and have little to ever show for it. Not quality buds anyways 

We have a shorter season here and it indeed does grow wild!!  :)

found another sprouted seed today from last years grow...

Be interesting a hell to see what this place looks like in 30 years, I know weeds from gardens that are right across cannada now after 30 years,ornamental grass at 15 feet on highways ffs

We still have areas around like Madoc Ontario, that once grew the best hemp plants world wide.

it is still there growing wild..Huge 14 foot plants with huge buds FULL of seeds.. lol 

We sold it in grade 9..lasted about a week before people knew they weren't getting high lol Us included!!  :unsure:

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

@gb1  Ironically enough, I was watching a documentary last night ( was it last night?  I can't remember.  I ate some decarb'd weed and got psychoactive-high.  I can't recall...anyway) about feral/volunteer dope growing in the US midwest.  I forget exactly where ( again, really stoned when watching) but they alluded to it being leftover hemp from a century ago.  Oddly enough, they also had a problem in the 80s with people harvesting the "hemp." Enough of a problem that they had to start locking up tourists.  So, presumably, it was worth smoking. 

It made me wonder if it was hemp or if it was big sativa plants that got established from Mexico and was semi-commercially farmed before cannabis prohibition. 

It was pretty wild video footage.  Acres and acres of the shit.  Spread all across farmers' land.  It was so prevalent that they had to request help from the US government via crop dusters to attempt to control it. Well established 12-14ft plants all in roadside ditches etc.  Pretty nuts. 

There's even a phone call recording from a new resident to the area, i think it was late 70s.  He calls the police department and basically says 

"uhh.. I just moved here and there is a lot of marijuana growing in my back yard."  The cops basically said " yeah, just cut it down with your lawnmower.  We don't care about it until you try and dry it and smoke it. It's everywhere"

So it can absolutely extablish and thrive on it's own in parts of the US climate. NLD structured plants, at that. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My mate used to keep and guerilla plant any seeds he found at the bottom of a dealer bag. They were probably all from hermied plants now I think about it. Nothing ever came of it.

Self sustaining fields full of wild weed would chuck an awful lot of pollen. Indoor growers would need pollen filters on all their intakes.