UFO Induction Heater

Absurdist

Morning folks

I recently picked up a UFO portable induction heater for use with the 2021 Vapcap M from @vapefiend.

My tip is standard and I have moved the grey ring on the vapcap so it bypasses the carb hole.

First impressions are very good, it's small and light and could easily pass for a Bluetooth speaker.

There are a number of customisation options, with 3 glass 'bowls' and silicone spacers.

I started using the bottomless tube with a single silicone insert, and this gave good vapour if left for the 12 s heating cycle.

I then switched to the thicker glass bowl, which caused a click after 6 seconds or so, but needed left a few seconds more for better clouds.

Has anyone else got one?

What bowl setup and heating times work for you?

Is there a configuration that will be perfectly ready on the click?

Is there a configuration that is perfect when the 12 flash heating cycle finishes?

So many questions...........

I have a UFO heater and love it with my dynavap.

My experience has been that for Ti tips the thicker-walled glass insert has given me the best hits.

For SS tips I have been using the bottomless insert with 2 thin silicone disks and 1 thick one (I think I will have to check to be sure) this gives me the click in around 8 -9 secs and I find gives a nice even extraction on the whole bowl. With this set up I find I have to respect the click as going over will cause combustion.

With the SS tips and either of the other inserts, I found the bottom of my bowls weren't really getting cooked, the top part would be toasted but the last quarter of the bowl would still be greenish.

Also after experimenting I decided I liked the SS tips better than TI in this heater just in case you start asking yourself that as well.

• Like 2

No probs man, I have to say it is a really nice combo through a bong if you have one. It can produce massive really satisfying clouds of dense vapour.

I recently got a MightyOG and while I enjoy it and I use it more often because of convenience and the large bowl size I still really enjoy and use my dynavap and UFO combo, I think it might be able to hit harder than the mighty and get a fuller extraction.

8 hours ago, green_machine said:

For SS tips I have been using the bottomless insert with 2 thin silicone disks and 1 thick one (I think I will have to check to be sure) this gives me the click in around 8 -9 secs and I find gives a nice even extraction on the whole bowl. With this set up I find I have to respect the click as going over will cause combustion

This set up works perfectly for me. Thanks again.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

If anyone is interested I have now settled on the following.

Thick bottomed bowl.

No spacers.

Heat for 4 s after click.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

@Absurdisti don’t think there’s an IH thats got a ready on the click option. I’ve used the vap oven and a couple of others, they all go past the click to get clouds…vap oven is 4/5 ‘potatoes’ past…but that’s mains driven. 

my enquiry about the UFO was more about battery life and performance really, more operational, I already know il have to fiddle it to perfect it, it’s par for the course if you want something less formulaic…

my desktop is a flowerpot, there some fiddling there for sure lol

• Like 1

I have Mighty. i hate it with a passion, but it serves a purpose, and I use it when I want quick behind the OD toilets at a car boot/similar/festival/pub/in or whatever lol 

For absolute pleasure, Tinymight, flowerpot, Dynavap(s) - not necessarily in that order, its subjective on a daily basis, but TM generally rules all truly :D

Tinymight through a dry bong is another level, as is the 'Vong' style Vapcaps, M's, Omnis, no so good, but only imho, others would contradict I'm sure! Never wanted to try mighty through a water piece, its already tasteless at the best of times, let alone stripping another 50% of your essential oils, water soluble flavonoids and terpenes out with water. Utter madness. again, only in MHO...

I hope I haven't started any trouble with my bold claims and statements.... ^^

:hippy:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a UFO, and have been confused by it to be fair; firstly, it takes about 3 cycles to get a click, sometimes 4 for the double click. The fifth cycle click turns itself off with the safety aspect…

I’ve not had 50 clicks, 40 or 30…probably 10, if im lucky, but at 3-4 heating cycles per cap its no wonder, if light flashes are clicks, when it goes red, then maybe 50 of those, im not getting 50 hits from this device tho…ever lol 

I used an apple high speed charger usbc, from the iphone pro, they look the same as the regular, but they come with the iPad Pro 20w, anyway even with the genuine hi-speed cable on the vanilla charger, it was well over 2hrs, probably 3 from total shut down to constant red charged…

its ok I guess, and kind fun to play with, and for about 80 quid with the Black Friday, and the 420 discount lumped together at vapefiend I didn’t return it.

i settled on 2 silicone discs in the thicker replacement heating path, but i think i might tweek it again, I’d completely dialled out combustion with my wall mount IH, and with torches, this buggers got be carbing out quite often, and unnecessarily, which is confusing again, its almost like the power is really inconsistent and varies…

Non plussed would probably be a good response to my purchase…

On the other hand I just bought meta quest 2, with res evil 4…OMG. 

I wasn’t expecting an epiphany from the UFO, but a nod and a wink at it would have been nice. I’ll just use it on short trips, but its not a pocket/portable effort either really, you’re not taking that clubbing in the mosh pit with that in your sky rocket now are you lol?

Don’t really see its purpose or place. Looks very cool tho :police:

4 hours ago, zeroG said:

I bought a UFO, and have been confused by it to be fair; firstly, it takes about 3 cycles to get a click, sometimes 4 for the double click. The fifth cycle click turns itself off with the safety aspect… :police:

Hi zeroG

I have a click and go, same as UFO, and my mate has the UFO proper.

We both use the straight through glass tube. I use 2 pads. He favours 2 and half (slightly less aggressive).

Clicks in about 7 to 10 secs. Second heat in about 5. Every time. 

Hope this helps.