Best night sleep in years.

Saxguy

I'm pretty new to all this, having only smoked a little weed (dont really like smoking anything), and also some red leb hash years ago. Recently looking at getting into making my own CBD oil for arthritis and inflammatory disease. Anyway, recently grew a few plants from seed ordered online, which I then bred for seeds. I sat last night at the kitchen table, rubbing the seed plant to remove all the seeds. Must have done this for a half hour, did about half the plant. By the time I had had enough, the room stank of weed (lovely smell), and my fingers were really sticky. Anyway, last night I had the best uninterrupted pain free nights sleep I can ever remember having. I just want to know, is it possible that somehow my skin absorbed the resin? I would like to know if anyone else has had a similar effect, or maybe it was just a weird coincidence of a one-off good nights sleep.

• Like 4

Your skin will absorb cannabinoids, but it's highly unlikely that any would penetrate deep enough to enter your bloodstream and give you any sort of psychoactive effect. However given that you mentioned arthritis and inflammation it's quite possible (if your hands are particularly affected) that you would have found some relief from the cannabinoids your skin did absorb. Cannabis salves are quite popular for treating the localized pain and inflammation associated with arthritis.

Also I cannot overstate the therapeutic effects of working with this plant. The medication derived from it is one thing but being hands on with it is something else entirely. 

Also at times I find the aroma of cannabis quite intoxicating, I'd always written it off as a psychosomatic effect, but there are plenty of people who believe in aromatherapy so perhaps there's something to it. The smell of cannabis is usually incredibly potent so if there is any truth to aromatherapy, I'd put money on cannabis being a fantastic candidate for it.

Edited by NezA
  • Like 11

8 hours ago, NezA said:

Also I cannot overstate the therapeutic effects of working with this plant.

+1

• Like 4

I nearly knocked the dog out trimming once, from the terpenes in the air, I looked round and he was lying there drooling, I had to carry him outside.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, NezA said:

Also I cannot overstate the therapeutic effects of working with this plant. The medication derived from it is one thing but being hands on with it is something else entirely. 

Really interesting thought this. To me it goes way beyond the reducitonist affects of a drug, and into the behavioural and spiritual aspects of caring for something -  nurturing it.

It's a mammal thing, I reckon.

• Like 7

@j.o.i.n.t yeah being a mammal thing makes sense.. as wishy washy out as it sounds (and it really does sound a bit wishy washy) since starting my own grow thats somewhere not at my house I sometimes feel genuinely anxious and just wanna go see em for a bit. 

We're programmed to care for stuff I suppose! 

On 20/04/2022 at 11:43 PM, j.o.i.n.t said:

Really interesting thought this. To me it goes way beyond the reducitonist affects of a drug, and into the behavioural and spiritual aspects of caring for something -  nurturing it.

It's a mammal thing, I reckon.

Yes I have to admit, I even hesitated when cutting down my first few plants when they were ready for harvest. Seemed wrong somehow. The seed plant was easy as it had just about died obviously.

• Like 1