Smoking lower grade to reduce tolerance

Guest Default Attribute

Guest Default Attribute

My tolerance is through the roof at the minute im unable to get high off anything including dabs or edible’s anymore. 

I have quite a bit if trim that has been quickly hashed, not many trichomes left but still some there. If i just vape this for a few weeks is it possible my tolerance will lower when i smoke the hi grade again?

Why not just take a full break? If top shelf flower, concentrates, and edibles don’t get you high why consume low grade or anything for that matter? 

• Like 9

I had the same problem, I was wake and bake and flat out vaping all day...my tolerance was through the roof..

Now I just have 2 Dynavap  bowls at night instead of 20 odd a day and I have seen my tolerance drop the last couple of weeks..

Edited by mr rhino
  • Like 2

Breaks are the key to a good stone, I reckon. As implied already.

Couple of days of blah, and then there's the new buzz of being strait!

• Like 4

Just now, j.o.i.n.t said:

Breaks are the key to a good stone, I reckon. As implied already.

Couple of days of blah, and then there's the new buzz of being strait!

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but am curious about taking a tolerance break.  How long should the break be, for best effect? Do you have to stop consuming for a few weeks or more?

Thanks. 

I keep at least 5 strains just to make sure my tolerance doesn't build to each plant.  I must have had five days without a doobie in the last 15 years.  I also find smoking in different environments helps.  If I want a good slap round the head I'll dig out something I've left alone for a while and go out in the fresh air with it. 

@Sweetsmoke420  I would say minimum 4 days and ideally a week or two. But who knows if you've managed that long....

It's always a good feeling to prove to yourself you can go without.

• Like 3

@Sweetsmoke420 I only have my own experience, so ymmv, but find a few days provides me with a buzz-centric reset, bring it mostly back to it's full effects, and mostly clears the head if it's getting fuggy and I need to use it... longer than that, break measured in weeks, I'm basically a pot virgin again when I get back on it. Cognitively there's a bit more clarity but over-all not worth it ;)

Also notice a subjective mood lift at day three, but that only happen if I've been a little too consistent with the stone. It's not from depression to joy, it's more subtle than that :hippy:

Edited by j.o.i.n.t
  • Like 3

Just now, monkeypig said:

@Sweetsmoke420  I would say minimum 4 days and ideally a week or two. But who knows if you've managed that long....

It's always a good feeling to prove to yourself you can go without.

Cheers @monkeypig.

I've managed about 15 days at a time, but was really glad to get the bong out again for a hit :skin_up:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, fatboy77 said:

I must have had five days without a doobie in the last 15 years. 

i went two weeks, 14 days mandatory rehab lol

that's since about 1998 or when ever shitbar was around

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 2

@sweetsmoke I kinda hear ya, but increasingly this little voice in me 'ed is like 'is it a high if it's all the time?'....Just strikes me it's another normal used like that, less fun.

In the past I remember moaning about my pot being shit, and a mate would come over... and basically melt. I just find chasing that dragon via breaks...well, it sounds a little healthier if you dont go into this level of detail lol

Edited by j.o.i.n.t
  • Like 2

I cant stand it when I do a tolerance break, but that first smoke after even a 3 day break gets me where I wanna be and its worth it :D 

• Like 3

I grow multiple stains and make all sorts out of the trim and any crap I don't want to vape to keep my tolerance in check too, which works well tbh but If I'm feeling a need to cut down I tend to switch to the Vapcap or get the resin out.

• Like 1