Looking for organic hemp sprouting seeds in the UK

stephenc

Does anyone know where to purchase organic hemp seeds for sprouting in the UK please?

I'm obviously looking for decent quantity like half or a full 1kg.

I stupidly bought a 1kg from amazon at £9.99 without realising they wouldn't germinate so I don't want to repeat that :-)

• Like 2

I'm not sure if we're allowed to post links even though it's just hemp seed but I'd suggest searching for a particular variety and you'll find plenty of options. 'Futura 75' is a well known commercial hemp variety so try looking for that.

Edit: Here is a list of commercial hemp cultivars https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_hemp_varieties

Edited by latigid aikon
wiki link
  • Like 2

I'm afraid it is proving more difficult than one would have thought. I've been googling it all day but am unable to find these in any sort of bulk

I just searched for "sprouting hemp seeds UK". 

Just below the top line of sponsored ads came up an featured snippet box telling me that these seeds are illegal to grow or even sprout. 

This then links to a company in UK that sells in less bulky quantities :D

Atb 

:yinyang:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Shumroom said:

Just below the top line of sponsored ads came up an featured snippet box telling me that these seeds are illegal to grow or even sprout.

Thanks Shumroom, I've just emailed them to confirm and will report back, probably on Monday

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Shumroom said:

I just searched for "sprouting hemp seeds UK". 

This then links to a company in UK that sells in less bulky quantities :D

Atb 

That's the one. They are covering their arse with that notice.

Op; Sites selling  seeds here are required to put up that notice.

Edited by catweazle1
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, catweazle1 said:

Newsflash: "Woman given 15 years for getting caught  with 2000 cannabis plants in breakfast bowl". :D

Well, considering I'm a man and will be hoping to sprout at least twice that, I think I'm OK :-)

• Like 1

On 19/03/2022 at 1:24 PM, Joolz said:

So I got the following replies from them saying -

"We can confirm that our seeds are raw and untreated and should sprout if planted.   They are the seed variety called Fedora and they will have only trace amounts of CBD."

I've ordered a couple of kgs to try out and am looking forward to both sprouting them and growing them to maturity to juice the flower in it's raw form.

In case anyone is interested, I had the pleasure of talking to Dr William Courtney from the USA a couple of days ago. He seems to be the world leading expert in the use of the raw form of hemp / cannabis and his advice was -

1 Grow as many different varieties as possible to ensure you get a massive range of the different strains / cannabinoids etc as some will be more focused on different conditions than others and this way you're hedging your bets.

2 Try to obtain really old heritage non-hybrid forms to grow from seed if possible.

3 Juice them in the raw state and consume as much as possible as it is possible to consume at least a hundred times more of the raw material than the activated decarboxilated form due to the fact the THC is not going to create a 'high'.

• Like 1