Vanced being shutdown.

Clumsy

Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaat? That's a bummer, I'll never get used to basic YT after this, and fuck paying the cunts any money. Hopefully someone will make a new version. 

Thats a pisser as i use that. Alternative is firefox browser and ublock origin then you can block ads and the like if you view yt through the browser. There is a few other alt programs such as newpipe etc. 

Yeah just been looking through the alternatives, none of them seem to be quite as well polished/feature rich as vanced, but still worth a look. Skytube extra, newpipe, libretube etc.

Looking on the subreddit it appears the app will likely still work for years to come in its current state, and people are already seeding the apk file and planning their own updates for when the time comes. I'm pretty sure we're in the clear, by the time it stops working, which I gather will take near enough a complete redesign of the official YT app (won't be happening any time soon) there will likely be a comparable alternative. 

• Like 1