Cheap Vape - What am I missing?

Goodbloke

Have been using an XMax Starry 3 for the last few months & being fair to it, it's been perfectly fine. I bought it under serious money constraints & the limited research I did at the time suggested it was about as good as things got at that price point. Only really considered it against the Dynavap, but soon got confused regarding extras & as I already had a load of 18650 batteries it seemed a sound choice.

I'm fine with the cleaning regime & as stated it's doing a job.

Birthday is looming, along with a love of gadgets although the money situation hasn't improved.

What am I missing out on? What does spending 2/3/4 times as much buy? Reading through some of the other recommendation threads, a post by @M Pamplemousse asked a series of questions of the OP to delve into their vaping habits to try to narrow down recommendations. Seems a good idea to me, so repeating his questions, here are my answers:

What do you prefer?

Desk top power

Portable. Fixed or replaceable batteries

Don't know. Will keep the Starry which will cover portability. I have 18650 & 21700 batteries to hand. Built-in batteries lifespan (number of recharges before losing performance) is a concern.

So I guess that all leans towards a home setup, if there are advantages over a portable. It would need to be fairly compact, portable or otherwise as would need to be kept tucked away out of view.

Convection, conduction, bit of both

Don't know, don't understand how the method of heat transfer affects the vape.

Flavour chaser or clouds

Don't have much of a palate for the subtleties of weed & no interest in clouds, the more discreet the better.

Do you like using water or dry

Only ever used the Starry 3 before, never tried any other options, am fine with the 'dry' from this.

Access to hash? Concentrate?

No, but taking more of an interest. Would hopefully explore hash from trim if i can manage to grow something other than botrytis.

Do you like using glass.

No experience.

Do you like to have options to customisation or just want simplicity

Simplicity

What's your budget?

Limited. Birthdays are good though.

So, stop pissing about with the Starry and upgrade cos your missing out on......... Or just keep on trucking?

Cheers in advance.

If it ain't broke and you're happy with it, don't replace it - don't see the point in amassing a load of cheap vapes when you can just make do here and there and use that money to save for something decent.

• Like 5

As per @Exhale

Unless you want to spend a fair amount more I'd stick with what you have and enjoy. The next level portables and desktops are great but not cheap. 

• Like 4