What to grow for various ailments?

qbizm22k

Hi everyone, hope you’re well in your respective corners of the universe. 

I’m busy obtaining equipment for my first grow and have realised I’m unsure of the most important thing: my actual seeds to harvest! 

I have decided to grow because I have long term health issues, and modern medicine has now become invalid in its effectiveness. The top three vertebrae of my spine is fused, and the wet support of my lumbar area has worn away, leaving bone on bone rubbing together. I suffer with joint issues and muscle swelling so mobility is limited. I also suffer with early onset Parkinson’s disease, which exacerbates the pain of these issues. And to top it off, I suffer with depression and anxiety linked to these issues. I’ve been dealing with them for the past 15 years. 

I went to Jamaica back in 2016 and a family member gave me some homegrown… and it felt like I was back in my teens. I had energy and was pain free for the first time in years. I was able to swim and I came out my shell. In short, it was amazing. I asked them what it was, and was told Lamb’s Breath. 

In the last couple of years, my health has decreased and I’ve been put on increasing amounts of meds. I’m currently taking maximum doses of two antidepressants, and high doses of morphine just to get through the day, not to mention the other meds for the Parkinson’s and joints/muscle issues. I had researched things I could get on the NHS and have tried, or am currently on them. I can’t access  Epidyolex or Sativex; my GP (who has been pretty good providing care in the past) officially isn’t allowed to prescribe them due to uncertainty with guidance, and the practice they work at don’t want to risk it. Unofficially, they suggested “… exploring other avenues, perhaps some Green vegetation, like blue sage. Home grown if possible.” So here I am. 

I researched for Lamb’s Breath, only to find it’s a bit of a holy grail. So I looked for the next best thing. Initially I planned to go with an autogrow of AK49 x Lambs Breath from Vision Seeds as that seemed close enough. But after advice here I’m planning to go with a reg grow instead. 

I’ve just subbed here and have some free seeds. Can anyone suggest from what’s on offer what strains I should explore? Ideally I’d like something that deals with pain relief and boost positive mood. Am not interested in getting F’d Up (not a teen anymore!) 

Thanks people, really appreciate yall!

Just now, qbizm22k said:

Hi everyone, hope you’re well in your respective corners of the universe. Peace and blessings to y'all. 

I’m busy obtaining equipment for my first grow and have realised I’m unsure of the most important thing: my actual seeds to harvest! 

I have decided to grow because I have long term health issues, and modern medicine has now become invalid in its effectiveness. The top three vertebrae of my spine is fused, and the wet support of my lumbar area has worn away, leaving bone on bone rubbing together. I suffer with joint issues and muscle swelling so mobility is limited. I also suffer with early onset Parkinson’s disease, which exacerbates the pain of these issues. And to top it off, I suffer with depression and anxiety linked to these issues. I’ve been dealing with them for the past 15 years. 

I went to Jamaica back in 2016 and a family member gave me some homegrown… and it felt like I was back in my teens. I had energy and was pain free for the first time in years. I was able to swim and I came out my shell. In short, it was amazing. I asked them what it was, and was told Lamb’s Breath. 

In the last couple of years, my health has decreased and I’ve been put on increasing amounts of meds. I’m currently taking maximum doses of two antidepressants, and high doses of morphine just to get through the day, not to mention the other meds for the Parkinson’s and joints/muscle issues. I had researched things I could get on the NHS and have tried, or am currently on them. I can’t access  Epidyolex or Sativex; my GP (who has been pretty good providing care in the past) officially isn’t allowed to prescribe them due to uncertainty with guidance, and the practice they work at don’t want to risk it. Unofficially, they suggested “… exploring other avenues, perhaps some Green vegetation, like blue sage. Home grown if possible.” So here I am. 

I researched for Lamb’s Breath, only to find it’s a bit of a holy grail. So I looked for the next best thing. Initially I planned to go with an autogrow of AK49 x Lambs Breath from Vision Seeds as that seemed close enough. But after advice here I’m planning to go with a reg grow instead. 

I’ve just subbed here and have some free seeds. Can anyone suggest from what’s on offer what strains I should explore? Ideally I’d like something that deals with pain relief and boost positive mood. Am not interested in getting F’d Up (not a teen anymore!) 

Thanks people, really appreciate y’all!

edited for formatting. 

Sorry to hear about your pains. I'd like to be able to point you to a miracle strain but IMO it's very much a situation of different strokes - what might be right for you, might not be right for some!

It's really a case of trial and error. I'd recommend learning to clone as soon as possible so you can keep copies of what you grow so that when you do find plants that tick the boxes , you are able to keep them forever. Also worth bearing in mind that some strains will actually make your anxiety worse. Your search starts from here,, best of luck finding what suits you!

Edited by monkeypig
repitition
  • Like 1