cannot wait to fish

phenom

i cannot wait for the weather to change last year i went fishing at Narborough Fishing lakes and what a brilliant place to go it has different lakes from fly fishing, to carp and F1 fish and with toilets its a brilliant place to go i am in a wheelchair so getting near to the lakes is easy with a little bit of grass between were to park the car to the lakes. They have a shop on site were you can buy most fishing bits like hooks, corn, line, weights no rods or reels but stuff you will need it is ALL catch and release and the price is good to depending on what you want to do i am just waiting for the weather to turn before i am going back. 

• Like 8

@phenom I've been getting geared up for this season, last year I was on the method with pellet and wafters all year, this year I'm going down the margins with a second rod and using a maggot feeder also. Got a nice new light rod (1.25lb TC) I may try out the floats again.

I went in february after a week of mild weather it was a sunny day but out where I was there was still ice on the pools and no bites I'm waiting for March, she's just around the corner!

Making a point to do some Barbel fishing this year too.

• Like 2

I was float fishing last year first time in over 20 years as I had stopped due to a accident at work last year was my first time back and loved it I went a few times and done I bit of carp fishing searching my brain on tying a rig. I have looked at another place to fish in Norwich with big carp in it counting down the days. 

• Like 3

Long range forecast looking promising here with the temps coming up around 10c with a wet March, I don't mind the rain as long as it's not sideways!

Just now, Exhale said:

I don't mind the rain as long as it's not sideways!

I'm no fisherman but I like long walks on the Downs & cliffs and I echo that sentiment lol

I don't mind the wind (in fact I really love it when it's proper windy, energises me, makes me feel alive :) ). Don't mind the rain, I've got a raincoat.

Can't be doing with them both together :frown: When it's blowing in your face like some cunt with a hose :ouch: I'm really not into that shit at all  :nea:

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 3