No tastebuds after a joint

BigSmokeyy

Hey guys

When I smoke, I completely lose my sense of taste and smell but when I’ve asked others, they’ve said flavours are more intense and everything tastes so much better so… 

3 1/2 yrs ago I lost my sense to taste anything. At this point, I was only smoking maybe a £20 bud a week. I haven’t completely lost my taste, I can sense sweetness, saltiness etc but not the flavour. 

Fast forward to today, I’ve been a daily user for about 2 years now. Firstly for the hope of cannabis helping my taste but now for replacing pharmaceuticals to support my mental health. 

So, in a nutshell, I’m hoping for any advice/guidance you guys might have as to why i seem to be the complete opposite from everyone else. 

Cheers in advance :)

Like any drug/combination of drugs the effects of cannabis differ wildly from one person to the next, but that is pretty unusual, I definitely have less of a sense of smell towards weed itself, but everything else still tastes/smells normal. Smoking in general does effect your olfactory system so maybe that could be a contributing factor. 

I bet there's a few other people on here with the dame experience. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, MindSoup said:

I bet there's a few other people on here with the dame experience. 

Oh yes. I have definitely had the Dame experience:D

• Like 2

Perhaps the pharmaceuticals are responsible?

ETA are you smoking tobacco in these potentially taste bud destroying joints?

Edited by Absurdist

Thanks for the replies guys. So a couple of years ago I quit smoking everything for about 6 weeks and there was no difference. I’ve tried different strains, amounts, ways of smoking weed. Always comes to the same conclusion - smell and what little taste I have completely goes. 

My sense of taste has largely gone when it comes to weed, happened about 7 years ago, id got to my mates when passing my j round I'd be like I can't taste the peng that I can smell but my mates saying my j tastes boom. So it's a nice surprise when I toke of a strain that I can actually taste.

The last full on flavour joint I smoked was @4kali  Chelato and before that it was Pineapple Express from a mate about 5 years ago, both reminded me how nice it was to taste weed again.

I put it down to chain smoking joints for 20+ years that I killed my abilities to taste certain terpenes.

Edited by Military Grade