Battlefield 2042

Slippy One

Where do I start? I've spent 120hrs on this since launch and just gave up. What a waste of £100. No team play feel, sucky menus, no voip, crap skins, Harzard Zone empty and boring, servers full of bots and not as much fun as Battlefield 4, which is nearly 9 years old and still going strong. 

I feel like I've been scammed by the developers and publishers. Just glad I didn't spend £2k for a fancy GPU to run it. 

Small mercies! lol

• Like 1

Battlefield 4 was shite when it first came out.  They had to tweak and change so much it was almost a different game.  And like you say, it's fucking great. 

I'd never buy a battlefield game fresh off the press.

Give it a few months.  Games can now be completely changed by upgrades.  They will b eall over this one and it'll feel like a new game (because it will be) in six months. 

@fatboy77I agree with BF4 being a bag of shite at launch, but 2042 seems so fubar to fix. I was longing for a decent FPS after the cheating debacle that was Warzone..

Here's hoping, feels very unfinished, and the radio silence from DICE and EA gives me the impression it's been abandoned. The developers usually listen to the community and give feedback, their silence is deafening.. 

• 2 months later...

Bf3/4 both had sketchy releases but the major difference is they had content that people wanted to play, the maps the guns to unlock etc.

2042 has none of that. The maps are too big there’s no infantry mode that people love. The games dying on its arse and it’s a massive shame. 

sorry for reviving an age old thread, but after The recent update seen a few people say the game is better. Yes stability has improved among other things but that doesn’t detract from the fact the game has no content or very little to make people keep playing. 

I’ve been playing bf since 1942 and love the series, met some great people playing this game. But I think it’s time the franchise is left behind 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Slippy One said:

Last weekend the server count for 2042 on steam was less than 900 worldwide lol 

Yeah really sad the franchise is on its arse. Hopefully they can save it but I’m not holding out much hope 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Unless they re release it in some massive way it's dead already.. 

I can't believe after the cluster fuck of bfv and them abandoning that, that they royally screwed this up too. 

We waited an extra bloody year after they stopped updates 'to focus on the next battlefield'. Bfv was shit at launch, 2042 even worse.. at least they saved BF4 

Don't know how much you know but there are none of the original battlefield team left now, the soul of the game has gone and that's a damn shame. No other game like it... 

I'm playing a bit of hell let loose now to satisfy the team play aspect but I miss the casual arcadness aspect of bf 

• 2 weeks later...