Air Pots

LoveBudd

So I got 4 Air pots today. You know, them pots that look like mini Daleks without their caps on. I decided for no reason at all to spontaneously google Air Pots. I think the Budd God was talking to me. After googling I was directed to Guru youtube. Well Feck me, I thought as I oggled the root structure of whatever the hell was put in them pots. From trees to bush all I could see was thick fibrous roots. The most desirable roots I ever saw guvnor. The kind of roots all growers want in their pots. Next. I could hear, buy you fool. So I went out & bought 4, as you do. Got them prepped for the introduction of Seed. Well theres no use timewasting sonny. Short back n sandpaper & a bit of national service'll soon whip you into shape. I love growing.

• Like 2

Make sure you've not put them together upside down, you can thank me later :yep:

I like air pots but never got on with them for growing canna , currently I have a ginkgo biloba in a 30L example and it's been in there a few years now and it's getting going, under-planted with Corsican mint (smells like veterinary disinfectant) which is now so established it grows out of the holes so the entire pot becomes a cloud of tiny leaves during the summer, I also keep quite a few salvias and other bits in air pots , pain in the arse to water though.

:yinyang:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BilgePump said:

Make sure you've not put them together upside down, you can thank me later :yep:

I like air pots but never got on with them for growing canna , currently I have a ginkgo biloba in a 30L example and it's been in there a few years now and it's getting going, under-planted with Corsican mint (smells like veterinary disinfectant) which is now so established it grows out of the holes so the entire pot becomes a cloud of tiny leaves during the summer, I also keep quite a few salvias and other bits in air pots , pain in the arse to water though.

:yinyang:

I got lucky. They're the right way up.

Edited by LoveBudd
  • Like 1

I would use Coco in 25L airpots Bro, great results, perfect air/water ratio for big roots = big buds

Once the root systems grow, they are no problem to water.... just don't let them dry out or else the medium shrinks back from the pot, creating spaces for water to flood out.

When you load up your pots, spray the inside with water, and load up bit by bit, rubbing the coco into the hollows of the pot as you work up.

Edited by teehee
  • Like 1