Zorin OS

Barnes

Installed on one machine beginning of December and onto 2 more since. Runs really well and a bit more "friendly" for people swapping to Linux from Windows. Installing software is straightforward, startup instant, have tweaked Firefox to use Google DNS and another app that recognises which applications you use most and has them pre-loaded so when opened its instant (instead of loading from RAM).

Have to say i think it's the best Linux distro i've ever seen. I'm only a novice not a ninja , but so far im liking it a lot, anyone else tried it?

https://zorin.com/os/

• 4 weeks later...

@Barnes

Still digging it? :)

I'm happy with my distro, but had a look cos ever curious of things nix. Looks ok for those new to linux, aren't interested in the underlying techie shit, and want it shiny and cohesive 'out the box'.

Seems they do a pay-for version as well... not many try that!

• Like 1

have tried it and for linux newbies its a great option ..

for those who like tinkering though it wont suit yer needs ..but solid little distro .wont take many mint or ubuntu users away but everyone has their start level somewhere .

• Like 1

@j.o.i.n.t Works like a charm for me. Lots of software in the "Software" section that can just be installed by clicking on it in there- Spotify, VLC etc.(Firefox is already built in) Loads and loads of handy programs.

It all comes down to what you're using your computer for, so far there's nothing that i've not been able to do on Zorin. Feels cleaner to me and i don't see any reason why i'd want to go back onto Windows.

It's based on Ubuntu too. (Zorin 16 is compatible with Ubuntu 20.04 LTS)