Medical process

hoodbran

Hello, this is my first post here, I've been reading some threads and checking out other sources for reference material, as I'm having my consultation on Friday through Sapphire.  I am in my mid 40s and have struggled for the majority of my adult life with complex PTSD (aka BPD). I've already qualified as I have a list of treatments, therapies and hospitalisations to evidence my life on medication meant for other illnesses and none licenced for my symptoms including lithium quetiapine, z drugs and antidepressants.  What I'm hoping to get out from my approach to medical cannabis is a rigourous tailor made balance to help increase my latent positive abilities and decrease my dependence on this cycle of being extremely unwelll, to medicated, then off meds waiting for the next hammer of destruction.  I smoke a dooby or two a day, sometimes I go a few days to a couple weeks, and that's only if what's available from the neighborhood villains isn't dangerously high in the or other skunk type green.  Then i stay away.

What I'm hoping to learn from others experience particularly if you have PTSD symptoms is whether approaching medical cannabis is an informed choice based on the flower genetics to help alleviate symptoms is a good approach? And if so what's your balance? 

Thanks in advance 

2 hours ago, Bustin Jieber said:

get a grow on, those guys are moldy bud robbers.

My US friend who lives in New Jersey said the same, surely a UK CannID card doesnt also permit growing for personal use? And you mean Sapphire? I was under the assumption that I use a pharmacy not associated with them?!

Just now, hoodbran said:

My US friend who lives in New Jersey said the same, surely a UK CannID card doesnt also permit growing for personal use? And you mean Sapphire? I was under the assumption that I use a pharmacy not associated with them?!

check out the reddit ukmedical cannabis subreddit, its got all the goss on there.

10 minutes ago, Bustin Jieber said:

check out the reddit ukmedical cannabis subreddit, its got all the goss on there.

Thanks, as you can tell, Im a total newbie to this whole world of legalities :P I saw on some online pharmacy stock checker that some do vape carts? I take that as cartomizers? I prefer to vape, can I get my ideal thc/cbd mix as a vapeable liquid?  Thanks again

I echo Bustin Jieber thoughts, get a grow on, I started growing without ever trying weed to see if it would help me with my anxiety and depression (legally medicated). I am the happiest person after a few hits on the bong, extremely talkative and a bit stupid too.

You obviouly already know what it tastes like and I'm assuming it does help with your condition?

There is a wide variety of seeds listed for medicinal use but they tend to be high in CBD and low in THC. That never really took away the depression/anxiety for me and I found that it made me hyper which doesn't help if you can't sleep. I now tend to stick with either a 50/50 CBD to THC ratio or slightly higher on the THC. 

This forum has lots of knowledgeable people with more in depth understanding than myself and are always happy to assist a fellow user/grower.

• Like 3

Just now, mystic_roots said:

I echo Bustin Jieber thoughts, get a grow on, I started growing without ever trying weed to see if it would help me with my anxiety and depression (legally medicated). I am the happiest person after a few hits on the bong, extremely talkative and a bit stupid too.

You obviouly already know what it tastes like and I'm assuming it does help with your condition?

There is a wide variety of seeds listed for medicinal use but they tend to be high in CBD and low in THC. That never really took away the depression/anxiety for me and I found that it made me hyper which doesn't help if you can't sleep. I now tend to stick with either a 50/50 CBD to THC ratio or slightly higher on the THC. 

This forum has lots of knowledgeable people with more in depth understanding than myself and are always happy to assist a fellow user/grower.

Super reply, thank youuuuuuu! I dont mind hyper-ness, I am prone to bouts of being bloody fantastic (it has served me well in the past) - but what Im trying to do is cut out the Big Pharma need for antipsychotics and the blunted emotions they give me... just existing for existings, sake. Obviously everyone has a story to tell and the next man's shouldnt be so full-on-life as my own? but what Im trying to get at here is the THC/CBD mix, which you touched on, and it's legalitiy to grow at home, plus whether vape cartomisers are actually a UK thing? a black street mate sells vape cartsa for £70 a pop (about 0.5-1ml), Im not going down this route, potentially giving up my career in the process to just sell pharma grade weed, Im trying to get better for my wife and kids and me :)

Hi Hoodbran.

I recently tried a bit of Saphire weed. It was really bad.  It was a friends prescription, I only tried half a doob and didn't do anything but my friend says it gave them a head ache after smoking a bit.  Smelled of hay, didn't taste much better.   

If you're in a place that you can do it, Save your money for grow kit would be my advice.  

• Like 2

i think they oil the buds, then spray the mix back onto the buds to get a uniform percentage, could also be why its getting moldy.

On 27/12/2021 at 8:18 PM, Bustin Jieber said:

Bustin, I have a lot of sympathy for you being rejected by a cannabis clinic but your experience is not the norm. Thousands of people have had very positive experiences through these clinics and are tremendously relieved that they can finally use cannabis legally to treat their health problems. This is particuarly the case for people with any condition associated with anxiety, like PTSD, where growing may exacerbate these worries.

Most of the stories I've read from patients using legal cannabis have been fairly positive. 

Edited by soto
  • Like 2

I should have phrased that differently, I've no idea how many people are being rejected. The one thing that is good to hear though in this regard is that the price of consultations has come down. Sapphire for example are only charging £50 for initial and ongoing consultations through their access scheme. 

It's just sad the way the NHS treats medicinal cannabis, I mean how many drugs are treated like this? Too many people making money out of this situation for it to change anytime soon but it's nice to see the price of medicinal. cannabis coming down a bit.

Edited by soto
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, soto said:

Bustin, I have a lot of sympathy for you being rejected by a cannabis clinic but your experience is not the norm. Thousands of people have had very positive experiences through these clinics and are tremendously relieved that they can finally use cannabis legally to treat their health problems. This is particuarly the case for people with any condition associated with anxiety, like PTSD, where growing may exacerbate these worries.

Most of the stories I've read from patients using legal cannabis have been fairly positive. 

its just fucked that they can dose me up on all kinds of fruity drugs but not weed, again i an autistc escape artist slips through the cracks, some of the cunts on that sub sit in their little legal ivory tower i tell you. would be so useful being legal cos then i could walk about with my weed cock out in public, exscuse me, medicating. now i just have to keep the head down like normal.

@Bustin Jieber

thats quite funny and true. people do wave there legal weed willies around on that reddit! but why not? it should be a positive thing.

what is 'rejection'?  I was 'rejected' my first go - well, we mutually agreed to try a different drug first - a very well known anti depressant - repurposed for chronic pain - a well known and accepted off license prescription.

'Fruity' - holy shit - on the minimalist starting dose, that fucker kicked the shit out of me for about 4 days. absolutely horrible. worst drug experience of my life. yes, the nhs happily prescribes you stuff MUCH worse than cannabis.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Yes, I am the one who often uses different products to fight stress and various disorders. Sometimes I think that nothing will help me better than cbd products. It is for this reason, I often order on the site, and I often use easy delivery from . It helps me a lot and I am happy with the results.

Edited by Dodgee
Spam