I don't think I can get high anymore...

AlexanderNR

11 hours ago, KingAether said:

SNRI's shouldn't have a great deal of problems in combination with cannabis and if you stopped taking it 3-4 years ago by 2019 then you will be far over it. They are the newer AD medication class and as such studies will go on but currently studies have shown that ssris and snri's don't cause any lasting effects after weaning off the medication. 
 From another direction you wouldn't have the same issues smoking and eating due to the different way your body metabolises cannabis if it was caused by medication use 

Unfortunately,  SSRIs and SNRIs have HUGE implications and long lasting effects.. Studies will be studies... you know, the same ones that claim all the shit in tesco ain't killing us... but from anecdotal experience as a health therapist I can confirm most of the the 'desperate' type of people trying to get their health back after realising they been fucked left right and centre by the system tend to be the ones who took such medications. Many of them talk about suicide and rage so often that its scary and I stopped dealing with one because she was so far gone that she thought coffee enemas were gonna save her...

OP needs to come off ALL meds and do a full dopamine support program using Bcomplex , omega 3 from premium liquid fish oil or better, niacin, vitamins d3 + cofactors, maybe some MCT oil for brain support and address the diet to have any hope of reversing the fuckery. To live a healthy life one should limit refined and processed carbs too. 

Thats my 2 cents - of course.... many will disagree but lets not open a can of worms!

I must say - try Omega 3 supplements with high DHA levels first - you will notice the brain support helps you get high and your neurotransmitters will love you for it! 

This is what worked for me - and then i became a health nut after.

Edited by ScapeGoat

Just now, hash72 said:

have quit smoking and vaping only ingesting nowadays, i use a magic butter machine no measurement i just dump about a couple of oz bud/trim with lots of coconut oil, was eating a chunk 4 times a day i'm down to twice a day now and its caning the arse of me 24/7

Quit smoking 2 years ago and just ought a ton of accessories for my mighty and volcano so I'm not letting up any time soon - any reason though, that you quit vaping?

I would probably do the same except I've never actually tried edibles and from reports like these I'm not sure its a great idea because i need to be able to function enough to run a business!!

eating edibles gives me the purest stone i ever had, addiction to smoking or ocd its taken me years to quit smoking and vaping, its been a long slog cough cough, no more coughing nowadays. quit smoking tabac 25 years ago after years of trying, quit smoking pipes/bongs about 3 years ago, but still the cough raged on, i could have had covid this year, was coughing so hard i was coughing up blood, that helped me try harder and here i am after 69 years of inhaling one thing or another free of it all

• Like 5

@ScapeGoat Interesting perspective. Although to be honest, I'm not entirely convinced the supplements you mentioned would really have much of an impact to reverse any damage by the Venlafaxine, if that were the case? I's been 2-3 years since I was on that stuff.

Edited by AlexanderNR

1 hour ago, ScapeGoat said:

Unfortunately,  SSRIs and SNRIs have HUGE implications and long lasting effects.. Studies will be studies... you know, the same ones that claim all the shit in tesco ain't killing us... but from anecdotal experience as a health therapist I can confirm most of the the 'desperate' type of people trying to get their health back after realising they been fucked left right and centre by the system tend to be the ones who took such medications.

Correlation doesn't necessarily equal causation though, there was a reason all of those people took those medications in the first place apart from anything else.

• Like 4

Seriously though, for those (like me) who partake in smoking or vaping several times per day, I wouldn't call it getting 'stoned' anymore, just medicated. I've had 3 months off in 2015 and tolerance was the same, i.e, I didn't feel mega baked like they said 3 months off would feel. I'm happy to vape all day as a chilled relaxant, not a way to feel 'stoned'. 

Saw an interview with Snoop Dogg who said he only smokes for flavour now, he rarely feels stoned. Pretty sure B-Real from Cypress Hill said similar in a podcast. 

Keep medicating, and better yet, grow your own and make your own edibles if you wanna chase the dragon. Edibles are loads of fun if you treat them like a trip, totally different high than smokeing/vaping and if you make the edibles small, you can control the dosing to suit your needs. :yep:

large.5f189dac31732_PNGimage3.pnglarge.5f189da16645d_PNGimage7.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, latigid aikon said:

Correlation doesn't necessarily equal causation though, there was a reason all of those people took those medications in the first place apart from anything else.

those reasons would be:

- they rely on pharmaceuticals which have been proven to be effective by studies that point towards CORRELATION, not Causation!

- science is the most corrupt tool used by bureaucrats world-wide.. but I thought everyone knew that?

- The OP never prioritised their own health enough to self educate to prevent mental & physical conditions

- most people only educate themselves when their reality has been scorched and their health and trust broken. 

- i turned my life around without leaving my house unless to go for a long walk or get food.

- they shouldn't have to do diligence but unfortunately big pharma and Kelloggs want their foot in your ass...

funny how many growers advocate for keeping weed nutrients clean and simple free of nasties but throw whatever they tell you to into your own body.

actually its not funny- its appalling, pathetic and sad. The marketing tactics employed by the sugar industry were adopted from the tobacco industry.

I'm guessing at this point you trust SSRI more than Sugar... lol 

so respectfully... with no qualifications, no suit and tie or lab coat or BBC news coverage to convince you..

If you look in health groups pot facebook etc you'll find a plethora of folks with no voice expressing how badly they have been fucked over.

From what I've witnessed, its usually the extremely intelligent and talented folk who get hit the hardest with these mental illnesses and get diagnosed falsely simply because they are undergoing a spiritual change and the doctor plays the part of a draconian executioner of witches and wizards! 

atb

Edited by ScapeGoat
spells

1 hour ago, Slippy One said:

Keep medicating, and better yet, grow your own and make your own edibles if you wanna chase the dragon. Edibles are loads of fun if you treat them like a trip, totally different high than smokeing/vaping and if you make the edibles small, you can control the dosing to suit your needs. :yep:

I'm so ready for this I've been building up the courage for ages! 

The only issue I have is not knowing how to dose the stuff..

I think I'm going to go for mini cupcakes for my first time!

Will be posting progress!

Just now, ScapeGoat said:

I'm guessing at this point you trust SSRI more than Sugar... lol 

You've made a hell of a lot of assumptions about me there!

I don't think either of those substances are in any way positive.

But I base my opinions on evidence because I understand the pitfalls of anecdotes and confirmation bias.

Why did all of these people feel the need to try these drugs in the first place?

Whatever made them seek help from those drugs originally is still likely to be a factor in their ongoing health.

• Like 2

On 05/12/2021 at 6:11 PM, latigid aikon said:

Why did all of these people feel the need to try these drugs in the first place?

Whatever made them seek help from those drugs originally is still likely to be a factor in their ongoing health.

because they damaged their own health through lifestyle factors and are looking for a quick fix..

the long road home requires self education or a trustworthy mentor. - usually cost time & money.. 

I'm completely self taught but if i wasn't id be taught all the same shit dieticians get taught which is actually bad for your health!

Food and Pharma companies own our education systems so they own all healthcare workers too. Unless they are rogue like me.

Our only chance for a fair / equal world is to raise awareness of this.

i might have come across like a bumhole - no offence intended im just passionate about this stuff