Wine cooler conversion curer

FarmerPalmersNT

large.B6790DFC-9538-415E-AFBE-B94B11239827.jpegThanks @Shumroom

here’s my current set up. I need to move my inkbird sensor left or right. That center indentation is for the condensation to flow down. 

I could fix the housing for the Dehum with some acrylic I have but Im not sure if it’s worth the effort. I haven’t experienced any icing issues.  It seems like my fridge peltier does most of the work. The Dehum just helps steer the humidity down a tad by forcing the fridge to go into overdrive to try to cool down the Dehum. 

also what’s your guys recommendations for addressing the shelving issues. I see baking sheets being used but I want to maximize my  space. Im thinking of utilizing some left over 1/4” chicken wire. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Pahpahcee said:

large.B6790DFC-9538-415E-AFBE-B94B11239827.jpegThanks @Shumroom

here’s my current set up. I need to move my inkbird sensor left or right. That center indentation is for the condensation to flow down. 

I could fix the housing for the Dehum with some acrylic I have but Im not sure if it’s worth the effort. I haven’t experienced any icing issues.  It seems like my fridge peltier does most of the work. The Dehum just helps steer the humidity down a tad by forcing the fridge to go into overdrive to try to cool down the Dehum. 

also what’s your guys recommendations for addressing the shelving issues. I see baking sheets being used but I want to maximize my  space. Im thinking of utilizing some left over 1/4” chicken wire. 

Which cooler you got there?

So i have soon realised i am going to need to 2 coolers. So ive been searching the local selling sites and found this little beut!

Baumatic BW28BL - Its pretty much the same as my shiny new Klarstein Barolo 28 Uno. It should hold the same amount! and its already cooling at 12C so she works!

large.IMG_7570.jpg#

large.IMG_7571-2.jpg

Does anyone have this model converted?

• Like 2

So now i am up and running on the first cooler i thought id share my numbers in case someone spots something im doing wrong.

My cooler is set to 15C and is sitting at that consant.

The RH on the inkbird is set to 68.5 and the DH kicks in at 71.5. The DH pulls the RH down to 68.5 then cuts out until the RH rises to 71.5 again.

These are 4 minute cycles. is this enough? should i be letting the plant raise the RH to the max and then bring the RH down gradually from there? whats the starting point?

Edited by Chris Smith
  • Like 1

Keep an eye on temps is all. It's the heat from the dh that's the issue. If the fridge can maintain temps it's all good in my book imo 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chris Smith said:

So i have soon realised i am going to need to 2 coolers. So ive been searching the local selling sites and found this little beut!

Baumatic BW28BL - Its pretty much the same as my shiny new Klarstein Barolo 28 Uno. It should hold the same amount! and its already cooling at 12C so she works!

large.IMG_7570.jpg#

large.IMG_7571-2.jpg

Dunno if it's exactly the same but mines a very similar baumatic. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

Keep an eye on temps is all. It's the heat from the dh that's the issue. If the fridge can maintain temps it's all good in my book imo 

Have you found the temp on the cooler accurate? i ask as mine sits at 14/15 all the time. Which i aint complaining about of course!

1 hour ago, MindSoup said:

Dunno if it's exactly the same but mines a very similar baumatic. 

i thought it was yoruself that recently got one of these. If you are interested the model sticker is on the inside left side at top

23 minutes ago, Chris Smith said:

Have you found the temp on the cooler accurate? i ask as mine sits at 14/15 all the time. Which i aint complaining about of course!

Accurate enough I reckon. They do fluctuate. My top fridge more so than the bottom which I put down to the heat generated by the bottom fridge giving it less wiggle room

Even if it's a degree or two off its still some unbelievable drying condition compared to just about any other way 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MindSoup said:

It really doesn't matter if it is or not TBF, they're all very much the same. 

fair i just tend to geek out when doing this kinda shit, but yeah i get all you need is a cooler box with a tight seal, a Peltier to cool said box and a DH.

Yours working out for you ok yeah? mine has a fan on the back where the Klarstein doesnt

Haha I'm the other way round lol, not sure I've ever checked the model number on mine. Yeah all works fine mate, mine doesn't have a very accurate temperature setting (just a little potentiometer) so I use a temp controller as well as the humidity one. Yeah mine has a fan but so does the cooler in the OP, its never caused me an issues, its only on when the cooler is running, helps keep a consistent temperature. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Chris Smith said:

large.IMG_7570.jpg#

large.IMG_7571-2.jpg

Hi Chris

I have just got one of these for 99p off the bay, the fella says it works but he is not sure about the thermostat being correct, I intend to run an Inkbird and just bypass the cooler's own controls, and will be interested to see your results before I chop into this:)

• Like 2