Maybe I'm a dreamer...

RonSwanson69

Sup folks,

It's 5:50am. I have been awake all night and I start work at 7:30. But I'm still in an amazing mood, as I've spent the last few hours thinking about my sticky green plans for the future :smokin:

I had thought about growing my own for years... I've read the same cliche story on here a few times that exactly mirrors my own - "I need/love weed, but i'm sick of the awkward/dangerous/rapey dealer experience".

I remember sitting with my flatmates about 12 years ago watching Jorge Cervantez videos on youtube laughing at how much of a twat he was, while also being totally jealous that people like that were out there actually doing shit.

Obviously, a lot has happened in those 12 years, and I'm lucky to be able to say that it's been generally positive. But it's only been very recently that I've been in a position to organise my own set up, despite it always being at the back of my mind. My girfriend and I have lived together in a 1 bedroom flat for like 8 years, and finally moved into a wee house. After the initial whirlwind of moving in, It hit me like a ton of bricks that there was nothing but a lack of knowledge stopping me doing this...

Fast forward a month or so until now. I'm on day 6 of my first grow, and I'm now getting waaaaay ahead of myself lol

When I joined the forum, my plan was to build a box in my attic. I knew I had about 2mx2mx1.45m space, and absolutely no idea what to do with it. After getting some advice from some very helpful people, I realised just how far away from that box I was... My attic doesn't even have floorboards or power, and I also didn't have a clue about what was actually required. People were saying things like "You could have a seperate veg/flower space" and all I was thinking was "I' don't care about veg mate, I want to grow weed" :wanker: Now though, despite obviously having a loooooong way to go, I actually understand what they were on about lol I now realise just how much I could do with that space in the attic. I might even have space for a drying area too. It's a huge project, don't get me wrong, but a very very exciting one.

I'm now realising just how much of a life upgrade this is all going to be. Not just avoiding dealers and saving money, but the variety! I want to have a cabinet FULL of different buds, so I can wake up on my day off like a fucking king and take my pick from our own private stock. Maybe that's a little ambitious, but it would be so cool. Like jars of sweets in a sweetshop...

Also, this forum has opened my eyes about the different ways to smoke. It's crazy! I thought I knew shit, but obviously not. There's so many different methods that it kinda breaks my brain... Very intrigued by rosin, though... I'd love to make my own press but the "build your own" guide seems like a bust since maplins went kaput. I dunno... I'll get there somehow.

Also, If anyone can point me towards this Sherlock Holmes-esque bong/pipe thing from Sillicon Valley, I'll honestly give you my first born child :yep:

large.61691659f01b8_oR0n-A5MRpIU4to2ImxQAZbwEWVlHHlHvs3cUsAQ9zM-Copy.jpg

I've been living like a caveman for so long. In the last few weeks, I've thawed the fuck out. The sky is the limit!

Thank you so much everyone :hippy:

Edited by RonSwanson69
Currently growing in a tent in a spare room... Edit for clarity
  • Like 9

I just about remember my first grow and I was defo a bit obsessive, this will chill over time, you will absolutely love having jars of your homegrown to choose from.

gallery_76571_6462_72345.jpg

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, RonSwanson69 said:

When I joined the forum, my plan was to build a box in my attic. I knew I had about 2mx2mx1.45m space, and absolutely no idea what to do with it. After getting some advice from some very helpful people, I realised just how far away from that box I was... My attic doesn't even have floorboards or power, and I also didn't have a clue about what was actually required.

Haha that brought back some memories....

In the early years of my growing i remember there was a member on here that had built a growing space under his house that was vented out through underground piping into his greenhouse if memory serves me correctly, times were very hazy then over indulging in my harvests. lol

Anyway, one morning i had this great idea to build a 2mx4mx2m underground "room" of sorts built out of plywood and 2x4's.....

No planning just a vision in my head of this super discrete self contained underground grow room...

I ripped up the floorboards and started digging......

After the 20th rubble sack full of dirt and only being 5cm down of my intended 2m....bruised and cut up hands from hitting the floor joists which are only 30cm apart or so......

Realized there was no way i could "hide" the dirt in the back garden lol

After more deep thinking it dawned on my how stupid this would have been.

Digging down that deep right next to the foundations and supporting wall of next doors house....

Whole thing would have collapsed!

What a way to get busted. lol

Gave up on that idea and then one stoned night i was staring up at my ceiling and thought to myself....

If i can't go down...I can go up!!!

Went up into the loft to scope it out, big space with piping in place from the old water tank that used to be up there.

Seemed perfect.

But no flooring.

I quickly proceeded to order a bunch of plywood to make a floor and a whole van's worth of 5cm thick kingspan to make a grow room up there.

Feck i even cut a new secret access hatch in my bedroom ceiling so i wouldnt have to open and close the main access hole... lol

Whilst starting to make the space i realised how cold it is up there and how hard it was going to be to heat it and then all the rockwool isulation and dust up there.....

Gave up on that swiftly..... lol

Anyway,

Thanks for bringing back those memories to me and reminding me to think things through in life!

Good luck with your grow and keep us updated with a diary how it's going.

Peacd & Love

ThaiStick

• Like 6

@RonSwanson69

Probably the Premier Sweet (UGORG) as its a Sativa and is a fantastic daytime smoke. The strongest was probably the Holy Grail Kush and the best flavour was the UGORG #1 (tasted like a Blue Cheese). The Gelat OG was OK - it was a freebie seed though and I probably wouldn't grow it again - it hermies which is not usual apparantly. It looked great, smelled a bit odd and the smoke had a bit of weird perfume-like flavour - not that strong. Here is a pic anyway - makes it look good :) I believe there is another pheno  though and that must be the one people rate highly as this one was a 7/10 for melarge.Gelat.OG-day60.jpglarge.Gelat.OG-Day60-close.jpg

Bit of a crappy Calyx to leaf ratio - it was a very leafy plant for the amount of bud and a bit of a bugger to trim - a lot of it ended up in the trim bin.

Edited by DeltaMelter
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, McHazy said:

@Thai Stick Are ye thinkin o leepys hole ? lol

That were an ace one sadly deleted now I think

Thats it!

Leepy's hole and Leepy's box! lol

So much foam everywhere..... haha

• Like 3

@RonSwanson69 I already have too many seeds but if I'd joined here earlier I would have realised how good the subbies seeds are. If you are prepared to try regs then there are some cracking genes on offer which members have already worked on saving you lots of time and effort. The next seed you crack could be the next Skunk #1 - that's the beauty of new seeds.

If you fancy some "up" weed then follow along with my Killer Orange S1 from Real Gorilla Seeds - "too strong" apparently for some and lab tested at 25% THC, let's see about that :) Have a look at Real Gorilla Seeds for more info. @panikis a true gent and runs a tight ship.

• Like 2