Single Tunes or Whole Albums ?

Boojum

Great thread :yep:    If im listening at home i tend to play a full album , if im mixing its single plays and if we are doing a demo day its single play or a pre mixed set of single play. 

Still got masses of tape , vinyl , cd and digital based.  I have all the vinyl on digital but refuse to out the vinyl as i love the feel & unique sound of vinyl :) 

Digital formats are handy for transporting , easily manipulated in terms of SQ & playback.     I will buy an album for a single track :) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SYZYGY said:

The album is becoming a lost art. A good one never used to be just a compilation of songs, more a carefully considered and written musically journey in itself. More than the sum of its parts.

This is when I'll listen to a full album in sequence, most of the time I just pick my own best of's from my CD's and do what @Mugwuffin does, I've got a Vinyl collection but those babies stay in sealed boxes as I have a tonne of old prints that are rare, used to get them cheap off the flea market when I was a kid, bit like Mugwuffin again in the charity shops which I also have a spy at from time to time but to be fair I enjoyed music so much I was always buying new albums on CD so there's not much I'm missing when it comes to my tastes :)  

• Like 1

They can't make vinyl fast enough for demand these days , I guess all the old places shut down when people

started buying music on CD

But anyway , I prefer listening to whole albums , the ones were the songs actually relate to each other and tell some kind of story

(the dreaded concept album lol)

• Like 2

How could you decide when to stop playing "Speaking in Tongues"?

Or are you capable of stopping "Ogdens Nut Gone Flake" after one or two tracks? :nono: 

Cheers :smokin: 

Edited by Hiphip

some albums need playing front to back just to hear the complete story, otherwise it's like putting a box set on random shuffle

others not so lol

but I tend to listen to whole albums regardless of genre