I see a lot more CBD strains about here than 4 years ago

vape_ninja

Hi all, So I joined this forum ages ago, had a break from weed for a few years but i recently enjoy it again now that im more settled. 

Anyway, i was just going to say that i notice a lot more CBD strain diaries and smoke reports, and i wanted to ask a few questions to those who grow and use it.
- Do you use the CBD flower on its own or do you mix it with higher THC strains?
- Has anyone here used CBD flower and found it improved their mental health overall 
- Has anyone here experimented with different ratios? so Anything from Very low THC (1-2%) to equal ratios of 1:1 CBD:THC and what effects did you find? and what was you using less for?

Currently i mix some regular smelly strong stuff with some CBD flower and i find it to be the most enjoyable experience and more functional but obviously if i have nout to do or its evening i will add more THC. 

Thanks

• Like 3

1 hour ago, vape_ninja said:

Hi all, So I joined this forum ages ago, had a break from weed for a few years but i recently enjoy it again now that im more settled. 

Anyway, i was just going to say that i notice a lot more CBD strain diaries and smoke reports, and i wanted to ask a few questions to those who grow and use it.
- Do you use the CBD flower on its own or do you mix it with higher THC strains?
- Has anyone here used CBD flower and found it improved their mental health overall 
- Has anyone here experimented with different ratios? so Anything from Very low THC (1-2%) to equal ratios of 1:1 CBD:THC and what effects did you find? and what was you using less for?

Currently i mix some regular smelly strong stuff with some CBD flower and i find it to be the most enjoyable experience and more functional but obviously if i have nout to do or its evening i will add more THC. 

Thanks

My last few grows have been CBD strains - not pure CBD and no THC, just CBD versions of regular fem strains (I know that's a total no-no with some), 1:1 ratios (well advertised as such lol ) and that's my kind of smoke, I don't get on with getting too high nowadays, I prefer mellow and stoned. Doesn't answer any of your questions, but that's why I choose the CBD strains, I don't want 80% THC that will just make me all anxious and shit, that's not why I got into smoking weed :nea:

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 4

43 minutes ago, Boojum said:

My last few grows have been CBD strains - not pure CBD and no THC, just CBD versions of regular fem strains (I know that's a total no-no with some), 1:1 ratios (well advertised as such lol ) and that's my kind of smoke, I don't get on with getting too high nowadays, I prefer mellow and stoned. Doesn't answer any of your questions, but that's why I choose the CBD strains, I don't want 80% THC that will just make me all anxious and shit, that's not why I got into smoking weed :nea:

I totally understand what you are saying, How do you find the CBD grows are in comparison? 
But ye when i was younger it was fun to get feeling proper high and/or stoned but as i got older and more relaxed i very much also prefer the feeling of it, i can compare it to some bits of hash id got in the past and smoked as you describe more functional 

• Like 1

I'm smoking Critical CBD that's just dried and it's nice :)

I'm totally cidered up to the eyeballs so probably not in the best place to rate anything lol

• Like 2

I've been smoking CBD since January and whilst it does keep me sane until harvest time, I can't wait to get some THC buds to smoke. I have tried a 1:1, namely Compassionate Lime from Dutch Passion and it was fantastic. In future I will be actively looking for 1:1 strains and growing them with just a few sativas for fun. I don't see there being any difference in the way you grow the plants though.

One thing I have noticed is, I dream a lot more with CBD, and I mean crazy intense dreams. Another thing I noticed is, the flavours of CBD weed aren't as strong as THC, in my experience anyway. Smoking CBD also makes me a little lazy, I much prefer some THC in the mix.

The best thing about CBD for me is the price, I am on a tight budget at the moment and due to the price of electricity here in Spain, I am not growing indoors, so I've been buying CBD buds, until my crop is ready. I can get 100g for around 100€ which is an excellent price, I can get 90g of trim for half that price. I could buy THC weed here in Spain but I'd be looking at paying around 15€ a gram.

Edited by Maesteg Cannabis Club

Does anyone else find the CBD rich strains to be moreish? 
If i vape just a high THC variety after a bit im like ye na ive had enough lol and sometimes thats me for the night , but when im adding significant CBD content and having lower or low THC mixed in i enjoy it so much so that i never fill like ive had too much and can happily vape all day long every couple of hours (or before a bike ride can be great too) 

" It works better with a low amount of THC (a few %) but that makes it illegal in the UK. "  <-- This all day long honestly. When you use the CBD <0.3% THC hemp flower alone it seems to offer some relaxation but it literally only takes a tiny bit of high THC bud to be ground up into the bowl/vape/joint to make it : 1. Interesting/ a little buzz  2. Mood lifting 3. Endurance increase 4. Pain relief 

The ratios of mixing the CBD that are documented are : 
CBD:THC Ratios
1:1
2:1
8:1
20:1
1:0

They say that 1:1 is the sweet spot but i think that it varies a lot per individual and for their consumption purposes 
For me id say my sweet spot is more like 4:1 or possibly 5:1 although its hard to figure out as CBD content in the Flower can vary as can the THC content in what im mixing in 

Edited by vape_ninja
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...

My 20:1 CBD to THC advertised plant gets me high as balls. There's plenty of CBD in it, but I'd say it's closer to 1:1.

Can't trust the marketing on these things.

• Like 4

I guess some breeders are better than others, ie testing etc, but you never know for sure unless you can get your bud tested as so many variables (sp?):yinyang:

• Like 3

I've grown a few CBD autos, most of them have ranged between 1:1 to 1:3 THC:CBD (according to breeders websites). The 1:1 stuff is great on its on and I find it fucks me up less, the other ratios don't give any noticeable effects but I use them to mix with my normal autos either to change the taste and effects. I used to buy 'legal' CBD weed but found that it occasionally smelt ok but always tasted like shit. I'm interested now in growing some of the auto CBDV and CBG strains to mix with the normal stuff and see how it changes the effects.