Making RSO

Jack?

I'm gonna give a go at making some RSO. Unfortunately I decarbed the weed befor now realising I should have done i

It will still work right?

Also is 95% food grade ehtonol ok to use ?

Thanks 

decarbed before or after no matter...

as long as your material is BONE DRY it is said to be decarbed...

even half dry, it's active. but .still lots of inactive though...... not being completely dry is all. Hope that helps

and yes you can wash with medical grade alchohal. or ethanol

• Like 2

Just now, gb1 said:

decarbed before or after no matter...

as long as your material is BONE DRY it is said to be decarbed...

even half dry, it's active. but .still lots of inactive though...... not being completely dry is all. Hope that helps

and yes you can wash with medical grade alchohal. or ethanol

Cheers mate , do you know what kind of quantity I would get from 50gs of bud

all depends on how much dope is on it eh ;)

you get up to 120 grams from a good pound of good herb ...... average around 60 to 80 grams from a pound of dry herb.

from 2 to 8 grams from an OZ of herb depending on how good it is

Edited by gb1
  • Like 3

Thanks for the replys , one more question. 

Do I need to put a bain Marie in the rice cooker or just pyrex dish straight onto it ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jack? said:

Thanks for the replys , one more question. 

Do I need to put a bain Marie in the rice cooker or just Pyrex dish straight onto it ?

I use the rice cooker bowel until its down to an amount I can put in a Pyrex jar and then it goes into an oil bath on the stove for an hour or more until bubbles stop at 200 to 210 F 

It'll start bubbling at around 150 to 170 F,,,,  raise temp slowly as you go until its done  ...

I take it this is for ingesting purposes  as smoking would be another way altogether..

• Like 2

Yeh just be edible. Wouldn't even know how you'd go about smoking it lol probably need to rig up some kind paraphernalia that looks like a since lab no doubt.

Gonna keep it simple and just try and evapate all the alcohol in the cooker. If I brought it into the house the wife would kick off lol she lets me decarb but this may be to far. Will do it in the garden or garage..

I'm going to capsule it once done but need to get the dosage sorted first. Will it keep ok in the dish for a day or two with a bit of cling film over it ?

• Like 1

Just now, Jack? said:

Yeh just be edible. Wouldn't even know how you'd go about smoking it lol probably need to rig up some kind paraphernalia that looks like a since lab no doubt.

Gonna keep it simple and just try and evapate all the alcohol in the cooker. If I brought it into the house the wife would kick off lol she lets me decarb but this may be to far. Will do it in the garden or garage..

I'm going to capsule it once done but need to get the dosage sorted first. Will it keep ok in the dish for a day or two with a bit of cling film over it ?

40 caps (" 00" 100 mg's each) of olive or coconut oil with to 1 gram oil meds equal 40 mgs per cap

1000/ 40  and is how you work out dosage per "00" capsules made out of veggy or gelitaine

hope that helps

• Like 2

@Jack? Do outdoors mate not in garage too much fire risk with vapour, forgot to say the very last i evap on a glass dish as gb1(to avoid burning/overheating the oil) but on a rad top in the house

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gb1 said:

40 caps (" 00" 100 mg's each) of olive or coconut oil with to 1 gram oil meds equal 40 mgs per cap

1000/ 40  and is how you work out dosage per "00" capsules made out of veggy or gelitaine

hope that helps

Ahh ok , do I need a carrier oil to mix the RSO with if I'm capping it ? 

• Like 2

For the cost of about 2L food grade ethanol, you can always just buy some screens. The sift is perfect for capsule making (I use cacao butter), and solvent free, with no risk of exploding. Decarb in the cacao butter is easy. 

Another bonus with screens vs ethanol is you can use them again and again and again... Unless you're using an ethanol recovery device, which will eventually return nothing.. :yep:

large.IMG_6377.JPGlarge.5f189da16645d_PNGimage7.pnglarge.5f189da4b7cd0_PNGimage5.pnglarge.5f189dadb4ff4_PNGimage2.pnglarge.5f189dac31732_PNGimage3.png

• Like 5

I fill 000 with decarbed weed then drench it in mct, that's fun. 

I'd try the alcohol evap thing in the noids machine but it's so small you'd probably only get a couple of grams back. 

Just be careful if you do jack. Imagine the mrs if it goes tits up :furious:

• Like 3