Police Drug Tests

mystic_roots

So I do occasionally watch programmes like traffic cops etc when there’s not much else to do and it’s got me questioning the saliva drug tests they do on people. 

I only smoke in an evening when I know I haven’t got to go anywhere, if it was a bong I’d just take 2 hits but with the vape it’s more like 5. I’m questioning how long that might be detectable in my saliva being that I’m not a particularly heavy user although I understand weight and metabolism etc can play a part. Just wondered if anyone knows anything more around this?

I’m half tempted to buy a testing kit and try it the next morning to see if anything registers. 

Guest Donnyronny
Just now, mystic_roots said:

So I do occasionally watch programmes like traffic cops etc when there’s not much else to do and it’s got me questioning the saliva drug tests they do on people. 

I only smoke in an evening when I know I haven’t got to go anywhere, if it was a bong I’d just take 2 hits but with the vape it’s more like 5. I’m questioning how long that might be detectable in my saliva being that I’m not a particularly heavy user although I understand weight and metabolism etc can play a part. Just wondered if anyone knows anything more around this?

I’m half tempted to buy a testing kit and try it the next morning to see if anything registers. 

ive wondered this myself and I think if you are a regular smoker then you’ll always be over the limit if tested, 

my take on it is, that an officer would rarely have the need to test me, i rarely speed, drive a normal car ( so silly exhaust or crappy tints etc )……I've been pulled over twice in my life, once for a back light out and the second in a routine drink driving campaign, this was before weed tests existed,

I always get twitchy at Xmas when they run the campaigns and would be very interested in your results if you do that. 

for the record I don’t smoke during the day at all so it’s always a good 8 hours before I’m operating machinery after having a smoke but it does worry me. 

4 minutes ago, Donnyronny said:

ive wondered this myself and I think if you are a regular smoker then you’ll always be over the limit if tested, 

my take on it is, that an officer would rarely have the need to test me, i rarely speed, drive a normal car ( so silly exhaust or crappy tints etc )……I've been pulled over twice in my life, once for a back light out and the second in a routine drink driving campaign, this was before weed tests existed,

I always get twitchy at Xmas when they run the campaigns and would be very interested in your results if you do that. 

for the record I don’t smoke during the day at all so it’s always a good 8 hours before I’m operating machinery after having a smoke but it does worry me. 

See now that's the issue for me, i love my modified cars/motorbikes and although they aren't 'boy racer' type of vehicles I still worry sometimes. I'd have thought they'd only do a drugs test if a) they can smell it when you drive past or if you're pulled and the car smells, or b) you've been involved in an accident.

I may buy a kit and test it over the next few weeks unless someone else has other advice or more knowledge.

• Like 1

Or you've previous and their bored or need a reason for a visit perhaps?

Defo interested in the results if you do @mystic_roots

Edited by Personunknown

Guest Donnyronny
20 minutes ago, mystic_roots said:

See now that's the issue for me, i love my modified cars/motorbikes and although they aren't 'boy racer' type of vehicles I still worry sometimes. I'd have thought they'd only do a drugs test if a) they can smell it when you drive past or if you're pulled and the car smells, or b) you've been involved in an accident.

I may buy a kit and test it over the next few weeks unless someone else has other advice or more knowledge.

I know what you mean, a pal of mine in his 60s has one of those mk1 Ford Focus RS cars in blue, he gets pulled over every time he goes out yet it’s probably worth a fortune nowerdays.  Not sure if they ever drug test tho, he’s had a few fixed penalties for noise I remember him saying.  

53 minutes ago, Personunknown said:

Or you've previous and their bored or need a reason for a visit perhaps?

Defo interested in the results if you do @mystic_roots

Thankfully I’ve not had any issues with the police except for speeding and a section 59 over 10 years ago. 

23 minutes ago, Donnyronny said:

I know what you mean, a pal of mine in his 60s has one of those mk1 Ford Focus RS cars in blue, he gets pulled over every time he goes out yet it’s probably worth a fortune nowerdays.  Not sure if they ever drug test tho, he’s had a few fixed penalties for noise I remember him saying.  

Very nice! Sounds like a few just want a nosey around it, quite a few coppers enjoy seeing modified cars or classics. 

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure most of us would fail miserably if we were tested. Best bet is to say you just came from the pub but you've only had a few, that way they'll test you for booze and might forget about the weed test Worth a try!