Seeds of Activism?

Arnold Layne

For weeks I've been bombarded on FB with stuff about the big rally in London yesterday. The one organised by Seed the whatever and assorted folks. Apparently it was going to be massive, game changing etc. So far the pics I've seen show a crowd of about 12. Smoking a pipe outside Westminster. How original.

Was that it?

Looked more like Inactivism!

For over a year some folk have been prophesying some great change. Taking the Gov. to court etc. Great names have come forward, and vanished!

Going to take flakk for this, but: EPIC FAIL. If the pics I've seen are true to the event, then we were made a laughing stock. Oooh look, twelve hippies and a big glass pipe. Change the World!!!

• Like 12

Slacktivism eh!

There needs to be a change of approach if we are to see any real change. A concerted attempt from a legal standpoint maybe. If big biz can get a change in the law why can’t a collection of “normal” people. I fear I know the answer to that question but one can hope. 

:yinyang:

• Like 8

All those Jay day matches and festivals in Brockwell  park south london used to take most of the year to organise , liaise with councils and police etc . How comes back then we could get tens of thousands attending without technology lol . Sharing on social media doesn’t get people off the sofa and out. I don’t think the younger generations are interested unless they get likes or shares .

• Like 8

2 hours ago, lildaveham said:

Slacktivism eh!

There needs to be a change of approach if we are to see any real change. A concerted attempt from a legal standpoint maybe.

:yinyang:

Like WTU?

That went ..... nowhere lol

Think that's folding now, though. Surprised, not.

• Like 5

the social media "activism" groups are usually populated by the same old faces churning out the same old tired ideas they've been peddling for decades

"if every stoner in the land donated just £1 each"

yeah you'd have a pile of money but still have no clue lol

• Like 6

More chance of getting blood from a stone than getting these old cunts that keep us in servitude to change their prehistoric way of thinking.

I'd say maybe in another 30/40 years but then there's the next generation of cunts being moulded thinking that Conservatism is the only way to keep this country going.

I think I prefer Prohibition anyway, give them the illusion that everything is being controlled.

Po don't give a toss as long as you're not growing 300 plants or turning your neighbourhood in to a shit hole by having a load of fiends hanging about to grab a gram.

Most of the protesters are just type whatever personalities that feel their voice has to be heard, like a child not getting attention, anyway :wassnnme:

Edited by Exhale
  • Like 3

To be honest I think the best chance we've got of recreational use being legalised is the continued legalisation in America and the growth of the US cannabis industry, ultimately leading to the US putting pressure on the British government to legalise it so they can sell us their weed. Money is the only language they speak.

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 7

@Boojum that's kind of why I'd like Prohibition to keep on keeping on, the influence that country has on this has become ridiculous, that cali tin craze has been about the worst of it - most younguns don't know what it's like to be truly British because they're all riding the trend train which is dominated by American influence. 

That is if you're not one of those drill chavvies living outside of london trying to talk like one, innit bruv.

Why don't we just build the worlds longest bridge or see if we can spaff billions and trillions trying to winch our land mass across the Atlantic?

• Like 1

We're the 51st state, have been ever since the end of the second world war and Brexit will only tighten their grip round our throat.

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 1