buying a vape - HR Rogue?

painfreeliving

Hi all,

I'm considering an electric vape for dry flowers :)  Have a Dynavap already, but would like something battery operated and ideally usable like my e-cig nicotine vape - by that I mean semi regular draws on it in an evening. It's mostly for pain relief and sleep.

I've done a fair bit of reading recently but from what I gather they seem to be split into either heavy one hit types (Tinymight / SBL bricks) or milder session vapes (mighty/crafty). I may be totally wrong on that though. 

The reviews of the Healthy Rips Rogue intrigue me - price is reasonable, reviews seem good, possibly a half way house.

Suggestions or recommendations for something I can have an occasional vape of - without having to get smashed or continue vaping it for 5+ minutes on a session timer.

TIA!

https://vapefiend.co.uk/collections/portable-vaporizers/products/splinter-vaporizer here's a on demand box mod based vape that's been well received by the community (that you can use your ecig battery with since you already have the mod) , I've used one once and enjoyed it , personally I'd advise something like the cloudevo if your budget stretches there as the hits are just great quality but obviously that's a plug in stationary option 

Another option if you have access to concentrates would be a sai top flow which would allow you to take small dabs as and when super conveniently 

• Like 2

Consider an induction heater for your dv. Massive change. In fact I haven't touched my tinymight for a week now. 

Don't get me wrong, I reckon the TM is the best of the portables, but I can't stop playing with the DV and ih. It's so powerful and uses sweet fa.....

Click and go can be found around the 100 £ mark. Others available.....

Stempod also for existing mod. Not tried as I have other options but supposed to be good...

Edited by M Pamplemousse
  • Like 3

I own loads of good vapes but never went down the dv route,must do some time soon :yep:

Kind regards hd

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Nongshim said:

https://vapefiend.co.uk/collections/portable-vaporizers/products/splinter-vaporizer here's a on demand box mod based vape that's been well received by the community (that you can use your ecig battery with since you already have the mod) , I've used one once and enjoyed it , personally I'd advise something like the cloudevo if your budget stretches there as the hits are just great quality but obviously that's a plug in stationary option 

Another option if you have access to concentrates would be a sai top flow which would allow you to take small dabs as and when super conveniently 

The splinter gives good vapour but is very tall and a bit of a faff to use.

Also while it is on demand in principle, in practise it needs to heat up before it really gets going. 

I haven't used mine since I got a crafty+ and won't use it again unless the crafty stops working.

I agree that the Sai taf is a good piece of kit for out and about but still prefer a torch and banger for home use.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Nongshim said:

I could be wrong but I think the production of splinters is no more.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hazydays OG said:

I own loads of good vapes but never went down the dv route,must do some time soon :yep:

Kind regards hd

Had a DV for 3 years and tbh did not understand the fuss. It was horrible. I tried many lighters, watched the vids etc. Just couldn't get on and moved on.

Recently tried with glass stem and massive improvement. 

But the ih is what makes it imo.

So if you are thinking of the DV, I suggest a glass stem, titanium tip, standard captive cap and ih. A fantastic bit of kit .....

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Nongshim said:

TBH as I'm still rather new to it I'll be sticking with dry herbs for a while at least. Those box mods look OK but nowhere seems to have any stock anymore :( 

5 hours ago, Absurdist said:

The splinter gives good vapour but is very tall and a bit of a faff to use.

Also while it is on demand in principle, in practise it needs to heat up before it really gets going. 

I haven't used mine since I got a crafty+ and won't use it again unless the crafty stops working.

I agree that the Sai taf is a good piece of kit for out and about but still prefer a torch and banger for home use.

The crafty+ is a contender as so many people rate it. May not be everyones favourite but seems to get consistent good reviews for all-round use. How do you find it for getting a gentle hit from over a few hours? Only thing that really made me question  a mighty/crafty is that they heat up for 5-8 minutes at a time?

1 hour ago, M Pamplemousse said:

Had a DV for 3 years and tbh did not understand the fuss. It was horrible. I tried many lighters, watched the vids etc. Just couldn't get on and moved on.

Recently tried with glass stem and massive improvement. 

But the ih is what makes it imo.

So if you are thinking of the DV, I suggest a glass stem, titanium tip, standard captive cap and ih. A fantastic bit of kit .....

Thanks, my experience so far with the DV doesn't really make me want to invest more money in to it. It's ok, it works, but it isn't quite what I want. I think I prefer the automated all in one of a new battery powered unit that is portable. 

I'm in no major rush though, just saw a review of the Rogue and seems it may tick my boxes so to speak :) 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, painfreeliving said:

TBH as I'm still rather new to it I'll be sticking with dry herbs for a while at least. Those box mods look OK but nowhere seems to have any stock anymore :( 

The crafty+ is a contender as so many people rate it. May not be everyones favourite but seems to get consistent good reviews for all-round use. How do you find it for getting a gentle hit from over a few hours? Only thing that really made me question  a mighty/crafty is that they heat up for 5-8 minutes at a time?

Thanks, my experience so far with the DV doesn't really make me want to invest more money in to it. It's ok, it works, but it isn't quite what I want. I think I prefer the automated all in one of a new battery powered unit that is portable. 

I'm in no major rush though, just saw a review of the Rogue and seems it may tick my boxes so to speak :) 

Plenty of stem pods available for a mod bases vape.

Crafty plus is good but v old tech compared to current crop. I have one but it is my least used vape. Not sure what you mean by 'heat up for 5-8 mins ... They are always on, heat time about a min but then you can rip. Easy to clear a cap/bowl in a min or 2 or you can take much longer. But your herbs are constantly cooking a little. And no changing batteries when they run out of juice. It would not be my choice for a primary vape.

Re DV. Like I said, before the ih they were my least liked vape. With an ih they are one of my favourite. So many options and methods.

Never used rogue as my tinymight covers most bases. Have a look at specific vape sites for decent comparisons, such as FC..... Good luck....

• Like 1

The Tinymight is a bit of a faff keeping clean,however it hits like no other in my humble opinion.

its on par with the evo in terms of hitting!! i must admit i go weeks on one device then weeks on another,i recently went back to the mighty thru water! forgot how good that is!

Atm the volcano is used most followed by the TM.:thumsup:

kind regards hd

• Like 3

5 hours ago, M Pamplemousse said:

Plenty of stem pods available for a mod bases vape.

Crafty plus is good but v old tech compared to current crop. I have one but it is my least used vape. Not sure what you mean by 'heat up for 5-8 mins ... They are always on, heat time about a min but then you can rip. Easy to clear a cap/bowl in a min or 2 or you can take much longer. But your herbs are constantly cooking a little. And no changing batteries when they run out of juice. It would not be my choice for a primary vape.

Re DV. Like I said, before the ih they were my least liked vape. With an ih they are one of my favourite. So many options and methods.

Never used rogue as my tinymight covers most bases. Have a look at specific vape sites for decent comparisons, such as FC..... Good luck....

I can't seem to find any in the UK. Ahh maybe I'm mistaken about the crafty - i though somewhere said when you turn it on it heats for 5-8 minutes at a time? I'm read that much I'm getting more lost!!

2 hours ago, hazydays OG said:

The Tinymight is a bit of a faff keeping clean,however it hits like no other in my humble opinion.

its on par with the evo in terms of hitting!! i must admit i go weeks on one device then weeks on another,i recently went back to the mighty thru water! forgot how good that is!

Atm the volcano is used most followed by the TM.:thumsup:

kind regards hd

No doubt I will have numerous by the end of the year - I'm the same with my e-cig mods, tanks coils etc. It's half the fun right?!

• Like 2

Stem pods look at recommended vape supplies.

I find cleaning the tinymight a breeze but I don't use the cooling unit, just glass stems with spikes. Quick iso dip and done....

• Like 3

18 hours ago, M Pamplemousse said:

Stem pods look at recommended vape supplies.

I find cleaning the tinymight a breeze but I don't use the cooling unit, just glass stems with spikes. Quick iso dip and done....

I use the xl8 long stem as per norm :yep:

Kind regards hdog

• Like 2