CBD THC Tincture Mixing?

Bad-Eend

HI

So. I started growing because my partner has massive benefits from an under the counter oil/tincture where the over the counter CBD did little or nothing.

Nor had my Dad (RIP) any benefit from the stuff he got prescribed back in NL

My first grow is an auto kalashnikov and I hope to harvest in 3 weeks.... and I am planning my next grow

Auto Royal Jack and Auto Fat Banana

The first strain because it is a nice CBD THC mixture , I thought]

The Second because I like the buds , is stronger than WW or Kalashnikov, and am curious how that one will pan out

The current tincture we have is based on white widow  and tmy current plants are accidentally in the same range of canabidoids 

Strange thing is that CBD is supposed to help for pain (but see above m did nothing much) but WW is high in THC  (ok was high back in my time  ;) now tere is GG4 )

But I am thinking/wondering

What if you would tincturise a GG4 and a Harlequin .... 

Would that work?

Has anyone tried it

• Like 1

Are you saying GG4 is high in Thc and the Harlequin is more Cbd and mixing those two would create a good tincture?

It would be nice if there was somewhere where you could have your buds analysed to see what is in them, would take a lot of guess work out wouldn't it.

When I make tinctures I do like to mix as much weeds in as I can, just to get a vast range of cannabinoids.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bad-Eend said:

Would that work?

Probably.
If it doesn’t move on to the next is what I do.

Imo cannabis doesn’t target pain as such. It targets your endocannabinoid system which in turn will deal with a multitude of ailments when sufficiently balanced or boosted. Everyone’s ECS is as individual as their fingerprints. It’s all about the search for what suits you best. Avoiding tolerance levels to a particular strain variety is key. By changing and swapping strains and methods of deliverance it keeps your cannabinoid receptors super vigilant and alert I believe.

Go for it. :george:
ATB

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KC said:

Are you saying GG4 is high in Thc and the Harlequin is more Cbd and mixing those two would create a good tincture?

It would be nice if there was somewhere where you could have your buds analysed to see what is in them, would take a lot of guess work out wouldn't it.

When I make tinctures I do like to mix as much weeds in as I can, just to get a vast range of cannabinoids.

Plenty of sites that will give you an indication of THC CBD in your strain

I suppose that feeding and conditions will weigh in on the ACTUAL end result  but : 

would give an indication 

Now I have no clue how to measure the actual THC or CBD content of the tincture....

But lets asume that both strains are 20% in their THC CBD        AND  you are fully able to extract all with 95% alcohol

Each tincture would be 20% ..and each  MIXED tincture would be 10% THC and 10% CBD

assuming you would concentrate at room temperature by evaporating 50%  (thus volume) of the alcohol in each tincture you could get a 20-20 tincture

Edited by Dodgee
Remove links

targets inflammation which in turn helps with certain types of pain,  Nephropathy for example  :) Arthur itis as well :) 

I was under the impression that pot would make your pain worse by dwelling on the pain ........ different types of pain  :) 

works from topical to ingesting... try it at different amounts as we are all different

Edited by gb1
  • Like 1

I do this.

I grow and decarb regular weed and CBD weed separately..

Then ethanol extract and reduce each to an oil.

I then dilute each extract by 3:1 in hempseed oil.

6 drops of THC oil gives me a nice buzz.

I think taking THC and CBD together gives more of an old school hashy effect.

• Like 3

Yes i find that the two together have a similar effect to the old hash smoking days

• Like 2

I just can't work out how they can tell you what cbd and thc percentage is. If every plant came out the same from the packet then yes but most packs of seeds have plants which are f all like each other. Are they supposed to have the same thc and cbd as all the others from that pack?

:soap:

• Like 1

Marketing? only thing i suppose with comercial weed would be batch testing (lab), but would be too expensive for the likes of us normal folk i guess:unsure:

But they still couldnt say this pack of beans is % surely?

Edited by Personunknown
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, KC said:

I just can't work out how they can tell you what cbd and thc percentage is. If every plant came out the same from the packet then yes but most packs of seeds have plants which are f all like each other. Are they supposed to have the same thc and cbd as all the others from that pack?

:soap:

Testing is the only way to be sure. 

If you take your extracts right down to oil like I do you can accurately dose the oil itself, keeping things reasonably consistent across different plants and strains. 

But I'd need lab testing to know actual cannabinoid and Terp concentrations

E2A fwiw I've estimated that with my method it's about 12 drops per 50 mg dose. Could be out by a factor of 2 but it's in that ball park.

Edited by Absurdist
  • Like 3