CBD for severe knee pain pre op? (or non opiiate suggestions) pllz

buttheaduk

As per the title my father is in tremendous pain with physical knee pain 2 weeks before his second 'priorty' replacement as he pstupidly put off till last minute as i guess hes scared to never ride a bike again!

Anywho opiates he's too sensitive too it seems tramadol he went to hospital thinking he'd overdosed on prescribed dose while im physically immune to any dose from birth.  I was lucky when i was last well my first unbearable pain day after poor hospitall antiobiotics so while waiting for ambulance luckily i was in temporary housing and smackhhead next door wanted to know why i was screaming trying to get out of bed.  He didnt know you could sniff it but that £5 worth left no high and pain so the hospital thought i was blagging (said a friend brought a pill)

I don't profess to be that knowledgeable, other than what works for me, there could well be better... 

CBD  does fuck all for chronic pain for me, a good whack of thc does the trick nicely though.  Just my experience. 

4 hours ago, fatboy77 said:

I don't profess to be that knowledgeable, other than what works for me, there could well be better... 

CBD  does fuck all for chronic pain for me, a good whack of thc does the trick nicely though.  Just my experience. 

That right there ^^^^^

All CBD does to me is make me sleepy. Best strain I've found is Blueberry. I'm not sure it eliminates pain but it makes it so I don't care and that's enough for me. My knee is fooked, tore acl/mcl/patellar tendon and severed nerves under the knee cap. With a good smoke I can do a full day on my feet. 

:yinyang:

• Like 4

Pregabalin work with some ,but the side effects were too much for my Head, Thc /Oil Big Dabs , trammadol keep me moving with oil, n vapes:haveadab::yinyang:

Edited by Personunknown

Well its due to arthiiritus his second knee and i've tried to recommend THC enough times, he's happy waiting 2 weeks he thinks the pain relief will be fairly instant

However what about thc oil under tongue? How would that work? He likes his alcohol doesnt want any other high any is ultra ultra sensitive to opiates.  I need heroin for severe pain and no high but that was a one off screaming trying to move waiting for an ambulance off a neighbour hearing the screams.  The junkie diidnt know you could even sniff it! Richest addict ive known only sniffed it, was too inconvenient to take time off for an addiction for him lol he said

Does that even work for pain!! You must need lots if it does? Just be good info to pass on next time I talk about it

If he still gets pain in 2 weeks i might try and convince him to speak to a cannabis gp? Ive seen his pain my whole life and mid 30s now as a kid he said its the worst pain in world (when it happens)

He doesnt want no high.... What will the outcome be? He said he smoked some in a pub and didnt know or was too scared i get confused between that and my mother.  She also took speed once but it didnt work lol im prescribed it this year and prescription IR dexamphetamine tto me is a life saver i cant function without that and weed lol Thought id have to blag o end up on the best and its not like ive not got a few ods on my record for various reasons... One a atteempted suicide on 2ct7 and the clevere neurogologist that knew all about it and was surprised it was still in circulation in 2007!!!!!!! He lied anyway said it was an lsd overdose gooood man he was for that, he was obv a taker pre web trypt when japan stopped year before or somethng hahahahaha

I didnt phone 999 i said id be lright lol i didnt even take it all but enough to die more than certainly yes if you asked anyone then.. TBH was my first ++++ in a hospital i thought i was dead, not there and apartof everything and knew everything to eventually reailise in leiing on a hospital bed. Bexy psychdelic experience and goes withotu saying the next day id never been happier (at that point haahahah and yes i didnt care to die wheni took it so cried to housemate or not cried i dont remember but he insisted on calling 999 coz he took it by misstke and was lucky

Edited by buttheaduk

Guest dill786
1 hour ago, buttheaduk said:

If he still gets pain in 2 weeks i might try and convince him to speak to a cannabis gp? Ive seen his pain my whole life and mid 30s now as a kid he said its the worst pain in world (when it happens)

He doesnt want no high.... What will the outcome be? He said he smoked some in a pub and didnt know or was too scared i get confused between that and my mother.  She also took speed once but it didnt work lol im prescribed it this year and prescription IR dexamphetamine tto me is a life saver i cant function without that and weed lol Thought id have to blag o end up on the best and its not like ive not got a few ods on my record for various reasons... One a atteempted suicide on 2ct7 and the clevere neurogologist that knew all about it and was surprised it was still in circulation in 2007!!!!!!! He lied anyway said it was an lsd overdose gooood man he was for that, he was obv a taker pre web trypt when japan stopped year before or somethng hahahahaha

I didnt phone 999 i said id be lright lol i didnt even take it all but enough to die more than certainly yes if you asked anyone then.. TBH was my first ++++ in a hospital i thought i was dead, not there and apartof everything and knew everything to eventually reailise in leiing on a hospital bed. Bexy psychdelic experience and goes withotu saying the next day id never been happier (at that point haahahah and yes i didnt care to die wheni took it so cried to housemate or not cried i dont remember but he insisted on calling 999 coz he took it by misstke and was lucky

have you tried tylenol with Acetaminophen ..

its banned in the UK, so its hard to source, i had to get mine from a mate in America who posted me 2 years supply you can buy it over the counter in the US, my mum has arthritis in her knee and has no pain for 8 hours a day when she takes it.......

Very strong Paracetamol by the looks with other bulkers etc if im correct, been taking para since the start of the 80's for headaches caused by a pellet in the head. just watch liver etc with that sort of dosage daily atb:yinyang:

i use CBD for Acute pain, but only alongside THC

CBD helps my chronic (neurological) pain, but it is not an analgesic, it won't help Acute pain from current injury without THC (THC is *not* as effective as Opiates for acute pain)

Tramadol is horrible, ask for Codeine - if ibuprofen/naproxen doesnt work or causes gastric issues; 30-60mg codiene with paracetamol, should easily do the job and is nothing like Tramadol (which also acts on Serotonin, hence the mass of side effects)

Tylenol is what we call Co-codamol, it is not banned or illegal, but anything over 8mg requires prescription - you can get 12.8mg with ibuprofen (neurofen plus, or boots own brand)

Edited by beep
  • Like 2

Ive had df's and co codamol, took me off as they keep trying to get me off all pain killers and prescribe mindfulnes  exersize etc :wallbash: although willing to use pregab amitripyline , jokers. (Gp's) Back and joint issues and nero

Edited by Personunknown

15 minutes ago, Personunknown said:

Ive had df's and co codamol, took me off as they keep trying to get me off all pain killers and prescribe mindfulnes  exersize etc :wallbash: although willing to use pregab amitripyline , jokers. (Gp's) Back and joint issues and nero

i feel ya on that, it's really tough :-/ i would say tho, that mindfulness is very helpful, it won't stop the pain, but it does help you cope with it better, which means you can take lower doses of meds

10 years of opiates royaly screwed me over, codeine, morphine, fentanyl, all 3 at once along with pregabalin ... omg what a mess - gave me about 25% pain relief, and 3000% side effects that escalated year after year

worst thing is, you don't notice the true extent of the side effects until you been off them a while - i didn't get a legal script of cannabis until last September, and every month i notice improvement - previously i had taken short 1-2 week breaks using cannabis, but it wasn't until i went onto a high dose of CBD for about 6 weeks when i suddenly realised by neuro pain (low level constant pain, pins n needles, numbness, small random patches of sweat, etc) was half what it was, ever since its cut in half every few months, now barely noticeable - also CBD seems to have an extended/cumulative effect, I can stop all cannabis for about 10 days before serious pain levels return (but then also takes a little time for the CBD effect to build again)

i use THC cannabis vaped for flare ups, alongside 50mg of CBD oil a day taken in 3 doses - been a life changer!

worst thing about opiates is the depression, i don't mean psychological depression (although that happens to allot of people), its the physical depressant effect of opiates which really screws you up, you can end up with a syndrome which is very close to chronic fatigue syndrome, not to mention your digestion (there are many times more opiates receptors in the gut, than in the brain where the "pleasure" is felt)

my pain is related to my T4 vertebrae, and peripheral nerves - pregabalin helps a bit with the neuro pain, but never anything like CBD for me personally - THC does nothing for my neuro pain, but it stops acute (movement related) flareups dead in their tracks 

Edited by beep
  • Like 2