Looking for my first vape

mystic_roots

As per the title really, I’ve used bongs for over a year but I think a vape is probably the next best choice as I’m always coughing my lungs up with a bong!

Ideally would like a convection vape that takes dry herb but it doesn’t necessarily need a huge bowl as I only have a few hits each night. 

I've seen the DaVinci IQ2 but wondering if there are any other recommendations or experiences with the DaVinci? Don’t want to spend huge amount but I’d say anything around £150-175ish. Could possibly go a little more but I’m intrigued to see what people suggest as I’ve done that much reading I feel a bit lost. 

Hey gonna tag along as well as I have been thinking about switching to a vape.

I saw Vince's post about the storm sapphire and I was looking at that, this seemed like a good entry to vaping.

I have one of the original iolites which I got when they first came out and I was not very impressed with it and it sort of put me of vaping for quite a while, but it looks like technology has come a long way since then and I was thinking about trying it again.

greenie

I've also looked at the Zeus Arc which looks quite good although it isn't a convection vape, does look good though

A Dynavap Vapcap M for smaller hits 

A Lamart Piro or a 7th Floor Elev8r for bong hits 

You'll also want single and dual jet flame lighters for the Vapcap and Piro, and a big torch for the Elev8r

And to upgrade them in the future 

buy or make an induction heater for the Vapcap 

buy a 16mm enail coil and controller, and some balls for the Elev8r 

Or if you can stretch the budget the Tiny Might (+ a few batteries + a charger) is a popular choice at the moment

• Like 3

Thanks @Hippie on hill  

After doing more reading, rather than a small portable one I may look at buying a desktop one as apparently it makes a big difference and I only smoke in an evening. I know there’s the volcano but they’re kinda pricy lol

Plus one for tinymight. But it might exceed your budget as batteries, WPA etc are required to get the best.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Hippie on hill said:

A Dynavap Vapcap M for smaller hits 

A Lamart Piro or a 7th Floor Elev8r for bong hits 

You'll also want single and dual jet flame lighters for the Vapcap and Piro, and a big torch for the Elev8r

And to upgrade them in the future 

buy or make an induction heater for the Vapcap 

buy a 16mm enail coil and controller, and some balls for the Elev8r 

Or if you can stretch the budget the Tiny Might (+ a few batteries + a charger) is a popular choice at the moment

Yeah this is spot on. 

The dynavap is indestructible and a no brainer. 

Making your own induction heater is a doddle, cheap and very satisfying. 

The only downside to dynavap is the fact it's 2 handed operation. 

Once all that is sorted then grab a  tinymight/mighty/healthy rips/arizer for one handed portability / subtlety. 

Troy on 420vapezone is honest and a true enthusiast. Check out his reviews. 

Check out a distributor called Aromatek. They have vapes for unbelievable prices, especially Arizer brand. I got a Solo 2, and its satisfying. Not sure if they ship to UK, but it's worth a look in. 

Another vote for the dynavap.  Especially if your coming from combustion. 

Helped me pack up smoking for good. 

• Like 1

Yeah, Dynavap if you're on a budget (you could buy a cheap glass stem, really prefer mine with), or Tinymight if you have the money. I'm not into desktop, can't help with them.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll echo both the Dynavap and Tinymight suggestions. 

Both can provide hits that should satisfy a smoker. The Tinymight can hit more like a bong though I reckon, the thing can hit like a truck.

I had a POTV One for a while and I think it's a great budget vape.

E2a: personally I don't think I'd like a Dynavap as my only vape but it's a perfect, cheap, way to see if you'll get on with vapes.

Edited by silvester growdrobe
  • Like 1

I have an Arizer Extreme Q for home use, and I love it, both for bags and direct with a whip; highly recommend, its as close as you can get to a volcano without spending £400 - really I can't think of a reason to choose a volcano over it 

I also have a Storm Spirt, a pocket sized vape with really wide range of temps (sometimes i need 226C for sativas with THCV, mostly i need only 177C for indicas, 190C for flowers with CBD too) - battery is removable, a major bonus - only issue I have with it, is keeping it clean - I wish i had used a capsule from the start, would have made life easier for me, but the main parts which get gunked up (the lid) are easily cleaned (NB: That is basically pure, decarbed, cannibinoid oil in the lid ;) )

non electronic vapes do the job, but keep in mind, once you go over 232C+, you are producing dangerous chemicals

Edited by beep