a friend of mine has leukemia

Bustin Jieber

Get yor friend on oil asap, it really does help.  My very close relative started taking a rice grain size of oil every night before bed,  after being given a diagnosis of acute myeloid leukemia.  They lived so much longer than the NHS prognosis that was given.  My family who are not that into cannabis are convinced that the oil really helped so much. 

If you friend can handle a larger dose, it may help even better.

atb

• Like 3

@Bustin Jieber best of luck to your friend, it's a very scary time for him hopefully he has several good friends and family around to help him on his journey, hope you can make some oil for him as i hear its much better than the expensive TCH'less commercial stuff in the shops !!

@shire Out of interest how/what is the best/most effective way to take the oil, would that be orally or smoked or what ?? 

I need to make some oil to help me with my Bowel Cancer and will be trying to learn how to make this as soon as i can get enough green to make it worth while, not sure of how much oil is required or how many zips i would need to make this so i'm all ears on this subject atm and need to learn how to go about making the best quality oil to give myself the best chance, so any info into the subject is more than welcome.

• Like 1

Hey @photobat hope you don't mind me chipping in.

So in my experience an Oz of bud will yeild approx 7g of FSO that's a week's worth at 1g a day. 1g a day is the minimum aim for Cancer the more the better in a 0.9m x 0.9m grow space I was able to yeild enough bud to treat my Dad at a gram a day and keep up with the demand.

If you make the oil in a rice cooker and boil off the solvent, by the time it's ready it's fully decarboxylated and ready for ingestion. I mix the FSO with coconut oil at a set ratio to determine dosages and to make it easier to handle. I use gelatin capsules and 0.00g scales to weigh the doses required.

In my experience ingestion is the most medicinal method of administration although some people swear by suppositories. If I were in your shoes I'd probably do both many people report no psychoactive effect when taking oil by suppository so this can be an effective method for upping your dosage if you're struggling to ingest the required amount orally.

Another thing I would suggest for Bowel Cancer specifically is high CBG strains. CBG is the precursor to THC and CBD and recent studies are showing its very effective at treating Bowel Cancers. Dutch Passion have a strain that flowers in 49 days. This would be in addition to THC and CBD cover all the bases would be my approach.

Tag me if you have any questions I don't frequent this forum anywhere near as much as I should. I'll keep an eye out.

Same goes to you @Bustin Jieber I have a guide on how I make oil linked in my sig and I'm more than willing to help whoever I can with practical advice and hints and tips.

All the best 

• Like 7

Of money isn't an issue there are machines that making oil, tinctures and edibles really easy. You could use the nebular boost to decarb easily and efficiently @1 Oz a time then use the magic butter machine to make the oil really easily. Both machines are switch on a forget, come back hours later and the medicine is ready I make oil and tincture using batchs of 1oz go but at a time purely for recreational reasons however if you was to grow a more medical high CBD low thc strain these machiness will make lots of goodies to from these strains. I know sweet seeds offer a low thc high CBD strain so it the oil won't get you high. 

Just my little 2p worth. 

• Like 4

2 people i know have died this year, one from vascular disease one from cancer, both used cannabis until fair close to death, it neither prolonged life or eased the pain, but it gave both of them great comfort

• Like 3

On 09/04/2021 at 7:03 PM, Bustin Jieber said:

what can i do to help?

Just be there for them bud x :yinyang:

Edited by LA LUNA
  • Like 3