A Brief History of Medical Cannabis

DANZIG

Consultant only in the first instance, your neurologist should be the man to see for your Sativex.

If refusal ask why and don't give up.

Can you get trashed off it, sure can, but as its a self titration dose, your medic may well suss this use.

interesting read but how does this help someone with MS who had to stop smoking six months ago when a chest infection and complications with his diabetise ended up with multiple organ failure from double pneumonia, pretty much recovered now despite bringing in the new year being resusitated in an ICU tho still some breathing problems which put an end to my thirty five year old cig habit. my question is, this spray which the canadians were going to llegalise for medical use? A) whats the chances of a british GP prescribing it for my MS? B) is it true that you don't get high from it?

i stopped recreational smoking years ago with just the odd re-visit from time to time purely for "medicinal" reasons, truth be told i never thought it worked, not with the type of gear available locally, 70's blow like the old red leb or black or plain old grass in moderation used to give that mellowed high which i could see as being beneficial, sadly my youthful late teens early twenties days of smoking daily didn't coincide with the advent of my MS in my thirties, then i didn't get round to trying the local gear until my forties having been out of the loop and not knowing where to buy. now i'm tempted to find something which now in my late 40's will kill two birds with one stone, replace the copious amounts of dihydrocodeine, diazepam and amatryptaline i take daily and to be honest, just get my pleasantly high, not shitfaced stoned, send expeditions to the local bakery at 3am for soda scones to toast and spread with melting butter and strawberry jam kind of high.

my question? what would you recommend? none of this pensioner bake it in cookies shit, none of this, try to stop the hand tremors long enough to try rolling a joint shit either, any ideas?

Moramone - I dont have MS but have had a chronic immuno defieciency for about 15 years, which led to a long bout in ICU end of last year with Pneumonia and bronchitis, which i wont recomend!

Anyhow - for me, I use a vaporiser - no smoke and it works well - problem is it can get you very high if your not carefull with them so if ur going to use one, start low then work up to required level.

Also, my friends mother has MS, and we make up drinks for her. Melt some decent solids (hash) in to some decent chocolate 970% stuff) - at a relatively low temp. once it has all melted in together slowly add milk and keep adding until you have nice hot chocolate. This can be stored and drank cold as well.

stay well

Z

• 2 years later...

Moramone - You cant smoke, don't want to eat (although this is probably best for giving you that long-lasting mellow-out that you are looking for) so perhaps you should consider a vapouriser. If you cant handle that then perhaps the cannabis fairy will magic it into you.

• 3 months later...

Look at the video at about 28:00 - Dr. Abrams is talking about how Marinol does not work as well as herbal cannabis.

• 10 months later...