Cannabis and Parkinson's Disease, an update.

Arnold Layne

Ey up, peeps .... me, here again!

Just thought I'd post a quick update on my situation. After much conscience searching I eventually applied for a private prescription for weed. The process was much easier than I had anticipated, and I was given a prescription for 30 grams per month, plus a pot of "oil". There was a hiccup at first, and I ended up waiting eleven weeks for the prescription to be filled. However, it got sorted eventually. The oil was so weak and diluted it wasn't worth bothering with. I necked the lot over three days. I'm afraid a daily maximum of 25 mg THC isn't what I'd call good Oil! 125 mg, maybe I'm interested, but 25, no way am I paying for that again! The weed, however, is a totally different story. I am now getting not 30 but 60 grams per month of an Israeli produced herb "MVA20/4", which tests at >20% THC and <4% CBD. I can only say that I am hugely impressed with this weed. It's not perfect, but it is very good indeed, and easily one of the best weeds I have ever used for treating both chronic pain, and the symptoms of Parkinson's.

For the last three months I've had three different strains available in my stash. This MVA20/4, and two really nicely grown British home-grown strains. That I've been using nothing but the MVA20/4, and have no urge to reach for one of the others, says it all. I've been talking with one or two others who get it, and they agree, its one of the best medicinal varieties we’ve ever come across. The really great thing about this is the ever tumbling prices. At the moment I pay £330 for 60 grams per month, and that figure includes the consultation fee. It's been a while since I've seen any commercial weed going at £5 per gram! Let alone top notch quality! I've sampled one or two "Cali" weeds over the past two or three years, and the MVA20/4 holds its own against them with ease. Yet look at the price those little pots go for!

One thing  about Parkinson's - my already dreadful memory is getting even worse. So if I've already posted something along these lines, sorry!

• Like 15

That's really good to hear that the medi weed is actually decent enough to be useful. Nice to see you about the place Arnold, you were always like part of the furniture :) 

I'd still be hurting paying that much money :crybaby:  Can you ask them for a cutting???  ....jokes 

• Like 1

Mind blowing  :book:        

Tikun Olam Cannbit, one of Israel’s leading medical cannabis companies, announced this week that they have completed all phases of development and construction on an in-house system that can accurately identify individual strains of cannabis using genetic sequencing.

On Monday, the company unveiled its new Cannabis Genetic Fingerprint (CGF) system, which it hails as a “game-changer” for the cannabis industry.

While many medical and recreational cannabis companies have tried for years to find ways to guarantee uniformity and consistency for their products, the cannabis plant contains an enormous number of active ingredients that can possibly affect the body in a variety of ways.

Each strain can contain dozens of different cannabinoids and terpenes in varying amounts, and ingesting the wrong one can cause adverse effects, especially in the medical cannabis field.

For example, while several studies have so far found that certain strains of cannabis sativa could very well help mitigate two of the more severe symptoms of COVID-19 – fibrosis and inflammation of the lungs – one of those studies also found strains that had the exact opposite effect.

The system was developed using technical support of the “Plant Metabolism Laboratory” from the MIGAL Galilee Research Institute in northern Israel.

“This is a necessary step that allows for the first time the creation of a permanent and robust ‘biometric ID card’ for each cannabis strain,”

https://www.weedworthy.com/the-news/press-releases/israeli-company-develops-system-to-identify-track-cannabis-strains

• Like 3