Jan 2021 Portable Vape

Andressalvator

Hi guys. Been rolling with a Storm Sapphire for the last year. I’m sticking to using a portable Vape. 

I am just doing the last bits of research to buy a new one and I’ve got it down to a short list of “Strokz & Bitnel - The Mighty” 

or the “Utillian 722” 

is the mighty worth double the price? 

Not a fan of the mighty as too plastic for me ,but looking at the other one i would have the mighty out of the two, hope this is some help

Edited by Personunknown

Don't know about the utillian but I have a mighty and crafty and rate them pretty highly. I don't notice the plastic. Only issue is you can't replace the batteries but a power pack can be used. 

I also have the solo and dynavap m for flower out and about and prefer the s&b offerings myself for ease of use and functionality. The crafty has become my fav due to its stealth aspect.....

It's a slippery slope with vapes. There is always another one to try/buy.... VAS is real...  :haveadab:

Edited by M Pamplemousse
Spelling
  • Like 1

Hi, I have the XMax Starry 3 which has virtually the same look as the Sapphire Storm, had that for year and for the price can't fault it. I bought a Tiny Might as a Christmas prezzie to myself and love it, however with the glass tubes and the way it's built you don't want to drop it or knock it off a table. I think the heating element can be quite fragile as such I have decided to keep it as an indoor vape or maybe a lay-about in the garden on a summers eve vape (if we get to a summer with the rain and snow). The Utilian 722 was also highly rated and it seems like a bigger better version of the XMax. For going out and about I may consider the Crafty or the Utilian, I'm not sure about the S&B Crafty though as it has an app to mess about with the heating settings (or is that the Mighty I might be talking bollox it has been known :)) which sort of puts me off a bit, not sure why. Though they do like nice and sturdy. I'd look at a few reviews, there are a number of different options and people will have their favs.  

The Tiny Might has a couple of quirks I have a bit of a problem getting the top threaded cap to go back on with the O ring, I could only get it to turn a bit ( I have arthritis and my hands are fucked...well all of me if fucked tbh) but I used a pencil and rubbed a bit of graphite on the threads which helped. I also cut up a bit of non-slip matting (rubbery stuff with holes in it) and use that to put the top cap back on which works. Also if you tighten it down too much you can't get the glass tube back in and out again the matting stuff helps.

The stainless steel cooler unit works well for a few nuts and a bolt. Mine took about a month to arrive but it was well packaged and I like the wooden instruction coasters and the hessian bag it came in all sustainable. The on / off button can be a bit finiky but mine is ok the best bit is the on demand mode. I run it at about 4 to 5 and the up to 8 on the temp setting and it has not given me a burnt gob yet. Another quirk is the build it leaks a bit of light between the bottom plate and the wooden side but that's handy as you can find it in the dark. :)

Good thing about the mighty is the filling tool and capsules (you can put them in a keychain storage), makes using and refilling on the go a lot easier. 

• Like 2

Don't discount the Crafty Plus, newer than the Mighty, smaller, as mentioned used S&B capsules you can prefill, and USB charging, meaning you can charge it anywhere, or use a cheap powerbank for all day meds. Extended 3 years warrantee, and unlike the original crafty, the crafty plus used convection and conduction heating, which means perfectly even heat distribution. 

• Like 2

If you want a glass vapour path, migh check the Arizer Solo II. Perfectly efficient (although I don't use mine anymore since I have a VapCap with glass stem. This little bastard's perfect for me, and I love the torch ritual), and not too expensive.

17 hours ago, Slippy One said:

the crafty plus used convection and conduction heating,

What’s the difference between the crafty and crafty+?

17 minutes ago, B0bbyBuds said:

What’s the difference between the crafty and crafty+?

Better battery/ faster heat up time and you can get an app to control the temp.

The app puts me off tbh, seem completely unneccasary, not available on ios and you know it prooably will stop working on android in a few years too.

I dont think you will find a crafty nowadays, the plus replaced it.

Edited by Chade

@Chade

I was initially concerned about the app but it's fine and you don't really need to access it (I only use it to check battery level)

S&B have been quite clever I think. Out of box set to 180 which you can adjust on app. When heated to set temp, double click on button and crafty + heats up additional 15c. Double click again and adds another 15c up to.max 210. Works pretty good I think.

I have the mighty also but I'm favouring the crafty due to size/stealth.....

Edited by M Pamplemousse
Spelling

1 minute ago, M Pamplemousse said:

@chade

I was initially concerned about the app but it's fine and you don't really need to access it (I only use it to check battery level)

S&B have been quite clever I think. Out of box set to 180 which you can adjust on app. When heated to set temp, double click on button and crafty + heats up additional 15c. Double click again and adds another 15c up to.max 210. Works pretty good I think.

I have the mighty also but I'm favouring the crafty die to size/stealth.....

That sounds alright actually, i use my mighty like that using 180 and 195, i probably wouldnt even bother with the app.  I tend to use my solo 2 a lot more than the mightly though tbh i like the slow draw and extraction better.

Edited by Chade
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, B0bbyBuds said:

@Chade I meant with regards to conduction/convection 

Great heating, basically a battery killer, but mines always plugged into the PC while I'm gaming/surfing. :yep: